Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Rest In God...

I have already received a Blessing this morning just by having you drop by.  A big thank you to each of you for taking the time to visit with me today.

For the past two days, my mind and my body has been exhausted.  I think they both need a time of  refreshing.  I feel like a hyperactive two year old whose body has just run out of steam, but yet is still fighting a rest that is so desperately needed.

I think that sometimes our minds become so full of the happenings around us, and the mental exhaustion causes our bodies to stop and finally say NO!

What I need to do is to REST IN GOD!  He is my strength and He sees my need for rest.  To rest in God means to surrender all things to Him.  To trust Him in all areas of my life......

Nothing major is going on, but it is the smallest of small things that can rob us of our strength each day.  My list at this moment is HUGE.  Things that need to be done, appointments, family members that need my help, everyday responsibilities. 

Then there are the things that I want to do.  Like....
go here, go there, jump ahead to the next season, be creative, work on my book, bake, and still be the BEST wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister and friend that I can be.....

I know that we all go through times like this and that is why I am able to share with you that I am in need of some ME time...I need peace of mind, peace of heart and peace of soul.  


I think today I will focus on some refreshing thoughts.  Like the sound of a stream splashing against the rocks, or sitting quietly in a garden with a gentle rain falling all around me.  I am going to turn my thoughts toward God and I am going to rest in Him.

Shug................

Where the soul is full of peace and joy, outward surroundings and circumstances are of comparatively little account.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Running Behind

  Running Behind..........  WHY.    ↓↓↓↓ You know......some weeks are just a bit more full than other weeks, and this has been one busy week...