Thursday, August 19, 2010

Angels Unaware

Hebrews 13:2..........Do Not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it....



What do we truly know about angels amongst us?  I am not completely sure myself....

Not long ago, Shanda and I were in town and were stopping by the Hallmark Store for me to pick up a birthday card for Trista.  Shanda waited in the car for me while I ran in to pick out my card.  I had just come back to the car and had closed my door when all of sudden this woman was standing at Shanda's side window. 

She was like, MOM WHAT DO I DO....THIS WOMAN IS JUST STANDING HERE....you know me...I told her to roll the window down and see what she wants. 

This was not your ordinary person that is out begging for money....No signs at all....
She was maybe in her 50's, and was very well dressed.  Hair looked neat, clothes were neat and clean,make up on her face,  cross necklace around her neck, and a small nice backpack on her shoulders.  Not at all the kind of person that you normally see out peddling for money....

There seemed to be something different about her.  I could not tell if she had some type of disability or  what.....All I know is that I kept thinking about how different she was.

She told us that she and her husband were trying to get enough money to go to Mississippi to see her daughter.  I ask her where her husband was and she said he was out looking for work.  That their car had broke down and that her daughter was going to send them some bus tickets.  That made no sense!  If the daughter was sending her bus tickets, then why did she need money to get to Mississippi? 

It just so happens that in the store, I could have used a five dollar bill, but instead I gave the lady a bunch of change that was causing my purse to feel like a ten pound weight.  All I had to give her was a five dollar bill....Shanda was like...Mom, that is too much!  

We drove around to see where she was going and all she did was make a circle around a nice gas station and come back to the parking lot she had originally been at.  I told Shanda to pull up because I wanted to ask her some more questions....She had an instant answer for every question I ask her about.....

I have never seen her there again, but I have thought about her many times.  Was she an angel unaware?  Was I being tested by God?  I do not know the answers to these questions, but one thing that I do know is that I do not ever want to be guilty of not helping someone if I feel God directing me to do so.. 

Really, we have people standing on all corners now days, but I truly have never seen one such as this......If she wasn't an angel, then I hope that the five dollars I gave her helped in some way.  If she was an angel, then I am thankful that my heart was open enough to do what I needed to do.......

Shug......

Let God do the leading and we all will be Blessed!

3 comments:

  1. Great Story - I know it's always hard to decide what you should do - Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, at least Marsha & I are into the drawing! Ben fusses at me a lot because I always want to help someone....car break down on the side of the road, etc. You just have to go with your gut and do what you think you should. It's a shame that we even have to wonder about whether or not she was sincere in her purpose or whether she was doing it for something you would not have approved of. I am always reminded of Ben's story about being in a hospital waiting area when Dr David Dykes came in and shined shoes, being a servant of the Lord. He had challenged his congregation to begin doing things and knew he needed to do the same also. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give money to people like this too. I also feel like it may be a test from God, and it's between them and Him as to what they do with what I give them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...