Sunday, June 6, 2010

Up, Up and Away.....

Sat. Morning Excitement, Oh yeah....we had more excitement than we usually have!

Sam Called me around 7:30 A.M. and told me to go outside and look up in the sky.  I had no idea what I was suppose to be looking for...Figured it must be another one of his BALD EAGLES that he claims to see!!

I went outside and looked up, but saw NOTHING but a beautiful blue sky...I walked down the street a little bit, constantly looking up, but still I saw nothing.   (I am sure the neighbors were thinking that I had gone loony toony)  Just as I was heading back to the house, Sam drove up and told me to get in the truck...OK, I am really beginning to worry now.
As  we headed a little South West, towards the nursery, I saw it!  A huge HOT AIR BALLOON...Hey, we don't see many of these in our part of the country.



It was trying to land, so we followed it a bit.  I have always wanted to ride in a HOT AIR BALLOON.  It was about 10 feet from the ground and then it started back up again.  We noticed that there was a van with a trailer trying to follow it.  When the van stopped, Sam drove up to speak with them.  Seems the balloon was not able to land because the property was locked and they would not be able to pick them up.
Sam informed them that we had a place they could land just up the road and that he would go open the gate to the pasture.  The guy in the van made a call to the pilot and the plans were for them to land in the middle of the pasture.  When we get there to unlock the gate, we could see that the wind had taken them too far over and there was no way that they could land at the designated spot. 


I was able to get a great picture as it flew over.  The pilot had spotted another place about a fourth of a mile up the road and was going to try to make that landing.  This balloon looked monstrous and I was so afraid they were going to hit the trees.  Sure enough, it was coming down.  I do not know how, but they managed to miss the trees.  Sam Helped them hold the balloon down while the guy that was driving the van started working to deflate the air.  This was a very interesting thing to watch.  As he moved up the balloon, it just fell into place until it was finally down. 
I did not realize that you had to have a license to pilot a Hot Air Balloon.  The pilot of this particular balloon needed to log in some hours that are required in order for them to participate in a balloon fest next weekend. 

This just might be something for me to think about.  I need to consider getting my license!
I could pilot a Hot Air Balloon every day.  I could fly over all the schools and "DROP"  those kids right over that basket down to each of their schools.  We could leave home by 7:30 and I could have them there by 8:00 each morning.  I have the summer months to get this done in order to be ready for the first day of school.

If you see a big lime green Hot Air Balloon fly over, you will know that it is Shug's Taxi Service dropping her grandchildren off at school!!

Shug....

Hope you have a Blessed Day and that you will give GOD all the Praise and Glory that HE deserves!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Grand Mother's Flower Garden

  I am a fan of anything OLD, especially when I know that something came from a sweet relative.   How much sweeter can it get when you are a...