Friday, May 28, 2010

Summer favs

What is it about Summer that makes you feel good?

I definitely know that it is not the summer heat here in Texas!!

It does get hot, but we always seem to adjust...
Believe me when I say that I don't like to be hot, I don't like to be HOT.  When everyone else is comfortable, I am HOT.

Guess I need to move North for the summer, but I would miss this great state of TEXAS way too much!!

One of the things that I love most about summer is swimming.  NO....I can not swim, but there is nothing better than having a nice float and just relaxing out in the pool.  I could literally stay there all day.  The water is so refreshing and my whole body feels totally relaxed.  You have heard of Calgon take me away...That is what the pool does for me.  My body is rested and so is my mind.

I also like picnics and eating watermelon.  My grandfather was a watermelon growing dude!  He always grew the sweetest ones I have ever tasted.....and the good thing is that they were free!  Went to the grocery store this morning and the price of a melon was $6.99.  And,... you never know if it is going to be too ripe or not ripe at all.

How about Lemonade?  Strawberry lemonade is so..o..o..o  good.  The kids love it too.  Rocking on the back porch with a nice cool glass of lemonade, what can beat that?  (I'm sure a lot of you have other thoughts about that....)

Then, I can't forget about vacation.  I love vacation time too.  Just getting a way to the beach or the mountains...It doesn't matter to me.  I am going to enjoy it anywhere we go.  If I had to pick a place this year, it would be Washington State and maybe on up into Canada.  Have never been there and it looks so cool. (I'm not just talking about the weather cool, but the whole area looks COOL)


Last but not least, I love the family being around.  Kids are out of school, girls are finished teaching for the year and everybody is in and out, coming and going.  I love spending the Holidays with the family and always seeing the fire works.  I remember one particular Fourth of July.  The whole family went to Panama City for our vacation.  We paid to go out on this boat and watch all the fireworks up and down the coast.  It was Beautiful!

So much to love about the Summer, but I can promise you that when Fall gets here, I will love that too.  But, for right now, I think Mylee and I will rock a while and have us one of those nice cool glasses of strawberry lemonade.  See Ya!

Shug (:)

Enjoy each beautiful Season that God has made....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Grand Mother's Flower Garden

  I am a fan of anything OLD, especially when I know that something came from a sweet relative.   How much sweeter can it get when you are a...