Friday, May 21, 2010

300 is not good

Healthy Eating can result in losing weight!

I think this could really be true.....After seeing my doctor last month, I decided that I had to do something about all the sugar I was consuming each day...My triglycerides were high, actually they were very high ( like 300) and I have read enough about them to know that these levels are not good.... 
I knew that sugar was going to have to be cut out of my diet.

I guess you could say that I am definitely a sweet-aholic....
I love anything with sugar and would actually prefer sweets over regular food.  With the exception of chocolate...Not a big chocolate eater...

I have been buying a lot of fruits and vegetables for us to eat and I have also been drinking a lot of water.  I love sweet tea and especially, McAllisters sweet tea....It is the best!  But, this does not fit into the program I have set for myself right now.  This will be the reward I give myself from time to time.

  I really did not know that I had lost any weight, but yesterday morning when I weighed, I was happy to see that I HAVE actually lost 8 pounds.  I'm not going to complain about that.  In my opinion, eight pounds in two weeks is pretty good...Of course, there are many more pounds to lose.  My ultimate goal here is to eat healthy by adding the fruits and vegetables and by cutting those unhealthy foods from my diet that are causing such a rise in my blood sugar. 

It is amazing what changes can be made by just cutting out the sugar.  Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, these are all good for us and  an apple a day is great as well.  Apples are not my favorite, but I have been trying to eat an APPLE A DAY!  My doctor did give me some medicine to help with the weight lose and also to lower the triglycerides, but I am not good at taking medicine, so I don't!!

The foods that I have been preparing are so simple and not heavy at all.  I have been keeping the refrigerator stocked with  strawberries, blackberries, kiwi, grapes, pineapple, cut up carrots and celery.
I can't possibly forget about the almonds, pecans, and the sunflower seeds. 

It sounds healthy and looks healthy, kinda like Jillian has been here and has taken over my kitchen. I know she would be excited to see these changes. I'm not going to call this a diet, because it might jinks my weight loss, but I am going to call it healthy eating and loving it...

It's sad that it takes a negative report to open our eyes...These are the things we should have been eating all along instead of all the sugar and drinking all the sodas.  I'm just going to take it a day at a time and try to do what is best for me and what is best for my family. 

Shug.................

Join me today in saying NO to sugars and YES
to healthy eating..........Be Blessed!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...