Friday, February 26, 2010

Ready for Some Quick Shopping

I am almost positive that I am not the only woman whose husband is not a true shopper...

I had been planning all week to go shopping today (Friday) because there are a couple of baby showers this weekend that I needed to buy for.  I also wanted to see if I could find some jeans for myself.  Yesterday, Sam called and suggested that I go to town last night because it was going to be raining today.  After giving it some thought, I decided that perhaps that would be best.

I sent him a text to see if he was going to go with me.  Sam's response was did I want him too.  You never know with that response if he is saying "Yes, I want to go with you, or I will go if you want me to".  Since he really does not like for me to go by myself at night, I took it as if he was saying...yes, I want to go with you....

We leave around 5:30 and my first stop was the mall to find my jeans.  Sam decides to go out into the middle of the mall and wait while I shop.  I found some cute jeans and head to the fitting room to try them on.  Just as I am in the middle of changing, my phone beeps with a text.  Here I go trying to hold up the pants and grab the phone at the same time....It was Sam....text reads:  Checking on you.  I am smart enough to know that what the text was really saying was:  "How much do you like?"..........I quickly respond "almost finished"....Everyone knows the procedure, get what you think you like and get checked out.  That is exactly what I did.  I thought I better text him and let him know I am on my way down.
Before I even pressed the send button he was there to meet me...

Second stop was Target.....This time he doesn't even get out!  Lets me out at the door...  I can't just go into Target and grab something and come right out....I love to shop in that store.  I make my way to get the items I need and I am thinking (ok, I have enough time to look at this and that).  Checking my watch, I decided I had better go on and check out.
Wouldn't you know it.....I would pick the checker that moves like a snail....So slow!  As I get back into the truck, I can feel Sam wanting to say...."I should have stayed home."

I guess it paid off for me to go to the car show with him on Sunday!  ...Perhaps that is the reason he just smiled and didn't complain.

 I do appreciate him going with me.  There is nothing like getting to be dropped off and picked up at the door.  Saves the time of looking for a parking spot and having to walk in the cold when you shop...Total time we were gone......2 hours and 15 min!  That is some quick shopping...

2 comments:

  1. Next time take your daughters... they love to shop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The difference between a man and a woman: I read "Total time we were gone...2 hours and 15 min" and think, Holy Cow, that is a long time to be out shopping! 2 Hours and 15 minutes is what I spend shopping in a two month period, at most.

    Sam should get some kind of award. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...