Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Eagle has Landed

Just this past week I wrote about the slang language of kids these days....I talked about Tyler and how I could not understand what he was telling me.  Seems I was not up to date on this thing they call the ENGLISH SLANGUAGE....

Yesterday, I learned that Tori discovered a new slang and that she is already (at the age of 8) getting into the groove.   EAGLE...this is the word she learned.  Most of us would say....soooo!  Everyone knows what a Eagle is....A BIRD!  A broad winged bird..

Tori was so enthusuastic when she shouted "The Eagle Has Landed".  One would think that she had been studying about Birds in school...    She quickly let me know that what she meant was it's ************* PAY DAY! *************

Sure I have heard of that before...older people use that slang!
Evidently the teachers at school were paid this past week and SHE must have HEARD  them make that statement.  Do kids always pick up on what they are suppose to be learning?  Perhaps we need to start adding slang phrases to the TAKS test....If so, they probably would ace the test and all  would be commended!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Fun with Old Photos

  Fun with Old Photos.... What do you do on yet another RAINY day?  You look at Old photos! We have had rain all day and with it being Satur...