Monday, October 21, 2024

The Reveal

 Our costume reveal....!!!

This past Saturday evening, Sam and I attended a Halloween party, along with our oldest daughter (Trista). The party was held at our grandson's.... in-laws home, which sits on top of a big hill.    



We could not have ask for a more perfect evening.  There was a cool breeze which made it very nice to sit outside and enjoy the view.   


Cowboy Ken and Cowgirl Barbie
AKA:  Tucker and Emily


The Halloween party was in full swing, and as each guest arrived, all eyes were upon them, to see what kind of costume they were wearing.  As Sam and I stepped out of the truck, I could see that everyone was staring at us, as we immediately drew some  attention.  I mean, after all...here we are, one of the older couples attending the party.  Do older people dress up for these kind of occasions?  WE DID!



  
Me, Sam and Trista

Dressed as Hippies, we wore matching hippie shirts in shades of orange, yellow and brown.  Sam had a wild black curly wig that made him look like he'd just stepped out of the 60's, and I wore flowers woven into leather strings, and wrapped in my hair.  This completed the FREE-SPIRITED vibe.  


                       Trista and Emily

             Piñata and Cowgirl Barbie


As we all mingled and was introduced to other guest, there was excitement for the votes to be collected to decide who had the best costume.  Another highlight of the evening was the Chili cook-off.  Sam had been chosen as one of the judges, and he was totally enjoying his role of being a chili judge. (being a judge, you get to basically eat first, before all of the other guest.) 

He sampled little cups of all kinds of homemade chili, some sweet, some savory and some so spicy that it made his eyes water.  I stood by to make sure he had plenty of water to drink.  lol 


The chili winners were announced and then the feast began.  Everyone was eager to  taste each of the types of chili.  





There were kids running around, playing games of all kinds, and the big "Hit" was the piñata.  Is it the hitting of the piñata that kids love, or is it all the candy that falls out once it is broken?  The kids were adorable in their costumes.  There was a Dalmatian, a sword fighter, all kinds of hero costumes, and even a cute little Lieutenant Dan!!





Sam and I  had a wonderful time!  The night was a perfect blend of fun, food, and friendships.  We haven't dressed up for Halloween in years, but I must say....IT WAS FUN!

The winner of the costume contest was Kristin!  She was dressed in the Betelgeuse theme and her table was a big hit with the kids.  


Great Evening!!

Shug.....


8 comments:

  1. Love your costumes! Sounds like a fun evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your costumes are great, Shug! Love the Hippie theme, and also your head piece. It goes perfect with the outfit. I smiled when you mentioned the Pinata, as my mom always had one set up for the kids on special occasions. I think it's the combination of hitting it and gathering the candy that thrills the kids. I also LOVE the Barbie Cowgirl, as I'm a Barbie lover. All the chili sounds delicious, and so neat that Sam was one of the judges for the chili cook-off. I see that Trista has your smile in this picture, Shug. Fun times all around!

    Have a wonderful October week.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. DUDE N DUDETTE ... You definitely were winners in my mind. Too cute and clever. What a party with the kids included and everyone participating.
    Now I am hungry for some chili.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are beyond cool! And how appropriate that you are Hippies! I knew it the second I saw your header! You both look like you have just stepped out of a Grateful Dead concert. I love the adorable Dalmation, too. That's a really huge pinata! Looks like the most fun party ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun time! You and Sam make some cute hippies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great time! I remember participating in chili cook-offs while in Buffalo Gap; that was brave of Sam to sacrifice (lol) his taste buds for the cause.
    Y'all look so cute in your hippie clothes, and now I'm remembering I had a top just like yours. Wish I had saved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It certainly looks like you all had a fun time. There’s just something about dressing up to be something else that captures the imagination for both kids and adults. When I had my daycare we would have a harvest party on the 31st and the fathers would do the grilling and everyone came in costumes! Even me. It was always so much fun.
    Your hippie costumes looked very colorful. You did a good job! In fact all the costumes were top notch. I bet the chili was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are GREAT SPORTS and so much fun. The party looked like a great one. Everyone decked out. I really liked all the costumes. I thought everyone did a great job. I also like the idea of the chili cook off - your husband was lucky. You two were cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

The Reveal

  Our costume reveal....!!! This past Saturday evening, Sam and I attended a Halloween party, along with our oldest daughter (Trista). The p...