Friday, September 20, 2024

Fall Around This Place

 I am slowly getting all of my Fall decor put up in the house.  I really haven't even opened my "Fall" containers but hopefully I will get to it this weekend.  Most of the stuff I have out, all came from one box that has been stored in what I call... My everything room.  It's a room where I store winter jackets, my file cabinet, and several containers of seasonal decorations.  


This area of our house is where we mostly sit and watch Tv.  It's a pretty good size area and I have a Dining table, the above cabinet, another small table, our recliners, a sofa and several other comfy chairs in this room.  


This round table that we purchased many years ago has been a great piece of furniture.  Eight people can easily sit at this table and we can actually squeeze in a couple more chairs to accommodate family and friends.  






I sure miss the "Pier 1" stores....the plates in the above picture were purchased at Pier 1 several years ago.  Pier 1,  had so many beautiful and unusual things...






The lazy Susan on this table makes it easy when we do eat here.  





A small table used for all kinds of things.  Extra place settings if needed......I sit her sometimes and write my blog.....Games...we play chess or checkers on this table.  






I love the swags and of course Lights...




I can usually find cute swags at Kirklands..





One of my favorite tables...
This photo also shows that I as of yet have found a round rug to go under the big round table.  I had one under there, but when I changed the colors of the curtains in this room, it just did not go very well...I'm still looking for one.





Bookshelf behind the round table. 




another round table ...I love this table as well.  And the big black cabinet....I had it built about 8 years ago.  It is SOOOO heavy.  I have added blue and turquoise to my Fall decor.



My ZZ plant.  This plant is so easy to care for. 

 I am loving the orange, cream and blue colors here.  







the place settings that I am using at this table





By adding just a touch of orange here and there, it really looks like Fall...




Again....just adding some blue this year.  
LOL...in this picture, the ORANGE pumpkin looks kinda pinkish.  








                                        These cute balls can add so much to any area in your house...


Today, I baked a German Chocolate Cake!  Our home smells like Fall.  German Chocolate cake is a family favorite.  It was always a specialty of my mom's.  All of our family gatherings always included her famous German Chocolate cake.  

I'll leave you with this picture of Tam.  Before and After pictures...I am so proud for her...  Her eyes are still a bit bloody looking, and swollen, but you can see that her eye is now straight.  Thank you all for the many prayers... 


 
Shug....👐


2 comments:

  1. I have been going back and forth looking. It is all so lovely and perfect! I love what you did to the front of all those drawers. And your place settings are gorgeous! The light blue and plaid settings are gorgeous, who would have thought those colors would look so beautiful together! The pumpkin swag is so cute! You always did have a talent for decorating, and I always look forward to seeing what you do next!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Fall Around This Place

  I am slowly getting all of my Fall decor put up in the house.  I really haven't even opened my "Fall" containers but hopeful...