Tuesday, April 9, 2024

RAIN and lots of it!

"A little rain each day will fill the rivers to overflowing" 


Well.....while this might be true, ......... how about a LOT of Rain in one day?  I think we may have already had 3 1/2 to 4 inches of rain today!  


We still have this on the radar, and more to come all night long.  

I rode to the farm with Sam this morning and the lake is FULL.


The spillway is running over....


This is the water running on the other side of the spillway.


Sam was making sure that the boats were not filling up with rain water.  While he was on the dock, this ↓↓↓↓ is what he found in one of the OLD boats. 


a nest of Duck eggs !!!

The mallard duck flew off when Sam walked out onto the dock....


Hoping the rise in the water doesn't cover the walkway.....


I had to snap this picture of the rain dripped clover..  I love seeing raindrops on the grasses and plants.  


This is part of my walkway to our home, in the front.  It is partially covered in rain water...


Our pool is Drowning!!

Raindrops fall when the sky is having a party!!

There was certainly a BIG party in the sky yesterday, so I suppose this is the after party..... still celebrating Big Time!

Y'all enjoy your day.....

As for me, I am perfectly content with the rain God is providing for us.  I am perfectly content listening to the raindrops as they are a gentle reminder to me, to slow down and enjoy life.

Shug......☔









2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post, Shug. I'm so glad you got lots of rain. It's good in so many ways. The lake is filling up nicely. Our creek is also filling up, as we've had lots of rain too. Your walkway is so pretty, and your plants by the pool must be getting so much water. What a surprise to see the nest of duck eggs.....and so many of them! And your last words are so very special.

    Have a blessed week, Shug.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a blessing... that rain. We have been in a drought, so I know how precious each drop is.
    Keep us updated on the nest, how fun to find!!!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Pecan Trees

  A view that I never get tired of looking at!! Pads and Pads of growing Pecan Trees! From pots filled with seedlings to one year trees or t...