Sunday, April 28, 2024

Pecan Trees

 A view that I never get tired of looking at!!

Pads and Pads of growing Pecan Trees!



From pots filled with seedlings to one year trees or two year old pecan trees....this excites me!


Even the trees growing out in the fields (despite the weeds) are a beautiful sight. 

There is always interesting finds when driving in the fields at the Nursery.  


What looks like just a stack of buckets for more trees, is actually a temporary home to these ↓↓↓↓


Yep.....another litter of puppies.  It is so frustrating that people dump all the dogs that they DON"T want, down at the Nursery/farm.

This happens all the time and as of right now....there are at least 6 or 7 stray dogs roaming the fields.  And now....more puppies!


I love this view of the irrigation system watering the trees.  There are thousands of pecan trees growing in buckets on each of these pads.  

Some of them will be ready this fall, and the others will be ready in the next two years.  
Growing pecan trees is a three year process.  
You can check out the web site @
texaspecannursery.com 

This 123 year old business was established by the W.H. Fair family, and then Sam's grandfather purchased this business. It has been in Sam's family for the past 82 years.  My husband (Sam) is the president of the company.  


While driving over a portion of the 649 acres on this one farm, this was part of the view yesterday....   ↓


We have had LOTS and LOTS of rain....
which has been great for the trees out in the fields.  

I never get tired of going to the Farm and looking at the Blessings God has given.  


This is the small building in town, just across the street from the main office and warehouses.  

Thanks for joining me on my Farm/Nursery tour.  

shug.   🌳












7 comments:

  1. I love it, wonderful photos! In the first one I really like the contrast between all the green trees and the overcast grey sky. But my favorite is the sprinkler shot, it is like a work of art. And I don't know what it is about it, but it is awesome, and I could look at it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fun! I would be over there all the time to pick weeds out of pots. We used to have a greenhouse here, it was a wonderful business until the economy got bad and prices for pots and growing media doubled. I grew bedding plants, vegetables and roses and a few apple trees and shrubs:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic tour! Great photos. I'm in pecan territory too and am so grateful for the mature pecan trees that came with our place. A real blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that was a great tour, Shug. All those pecan trees! Wowsers. I love pecans . I have it on my cereal whenever I eat cereal for breakfast. What a wonderful nursery your hubs has.
    I hope you have a great rest of the week. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. I am SO GLAD you had three nice sources of joy today, including finding that 20 bucks! Score!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo tour of your pecan farm and nursery. That is so cool.
    I live in Almond country as well as Olives! I don’t believe I’ve ever seen Pecans here.
    It saddens me how people just dump animals. That is so sad plus more unwanted puppies. I don’t understand how people can be so cruel and heartless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Shug! First, before I forget, thanks for visiting me last week. I am behind in returning visits but I'm so glad I did this morning. This farm is so interesting (and I confess -- pecans are my favorite nut so I have a vested interest in seeing good farms!) Here in Michigan you don't see these. I hope your business is brimming with success this season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful pecan tree farm! It was so interesting to read about your husband's business, and the fact that it was his grandfather's before that. That's sad about people just dropping the dogs off at the farm. And now, you have some cute pups! You know, one of my favorite things to put on my oatmeal are pecans. ; )

    Have a wonderful week, Shug.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

A Real Winner

I mean seriously......are these not the most beautiful Mimosa Blooms?   Our Mimosa tree is really showing out this year.  This particular tr...