Sunday, December 18, 2011

Please, I Need Some Snowflakes......


I love the picture above........I just want to have ONE Christmas that looks like this......Lots of snowflakes......Please, I need some Snowflakes!

I want to believe that at some time in my life, I surely must have lived up North during the Christmas Season  (Because I long to experience it).....but the truth is,......NO, I have never lived anywhere other than TEXAS.....

I am so drawn to what I believe the Christmas season is like, in the Northern states....I see all these Christmas cards that depict a different kind of Christmas season....like ice skating, riding through the snowy winter wonderland in a sleigh and decorating a fresh cut Christmas tree.....


I have seen so many post about Christmas trees, and when I see the picture of a Fresh Cut Green Douglas Fir or a Noble tree, it just makes my heart melt.....I can smell it, I can feel it and I can just see the beauty in the tree.

Oh my....add a few snowflakes to all this and I would be as happy as a kid in a candy store.....

I would love to experience all of this, just once...

It is true, that we all have different ways of celebrating, but when it comes to the TRUE meaning of Christmas, we can all celebrate in the same way....


We can give God all the Glory, Honor and Praise that He deserves,  for the Birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.....


Happy Sunday Y'all....

shug...

I am so happpppy to let you know that it has been reported that there were over 5000 people in attendance for the rally yesterday IN SUPPORT of the the Nativity Scene.......

7 comments:

  1. Good Attendance at the rally... We Americans need to take our country back from the KOOKS.

    That's the thing I hated about living in Texas (and Florida)... I love cold Christmases with snow... We had snow last Christmas --but don't think we'll have any this year...We are not far enough up north!!!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. If things don't change very soon,I too will have little or no snow this Christmas and I miss it. I know that the birth of Jesus has nothing to do with snow or winter,but I do like the soft blanket of snow. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all love a bit of snow at Christmas. It just add to the magic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5000 people, WOW, that made a statement!

    I have no desire for snow and am thankful that we have little to none here in Louisiana. I do think it's pretty to look at but that's about as far as it goes.

    Blessings for a wonderful week as we prepare to celebrate our Savior's birth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad about the nativity scene, does that mean they will keep it? Have you ever gotten snow? Or just not on Christmas? It is pretty, but not all it's cracked up to be, there are two sides to it. It makes it very hard to get anywhere, there are accidents, then huge piles of dirty snow from the plows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe you need to take a trip somewhere if you really want to see snow. I won't mind if we get a little here where I live as long as it waits until after Christmas time. And, if you want it to snow on your blog, you can follow the directions that I give on my blog here: http://gerrya2u.blogspot.com/2011/11/how-to-make-it-snow-on-your-blog.html Just be aware that on an older computer it may slow things down a little. I hope you have a nice Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SNOWFLAKES FOR SHUG

    Snowflakes from Michigan
    Slowly dancing all around
    Sending you some lacy whiteness
    Smoothly falling to the ground.
    Texas bound, gently floating in the air
    Shimmers the snow like a diamond maze
    Through the sapphires of the sky
    Under the moon's seductive gaze.
    Glistening soft and pearly white
    Gently fallen from the sky
    Covering your trees, upon your housetop
    Soft and pretty, they shall lie.
    Just close your eyes, you'll see the snowflakes
    Intensely real, in the sparkling air
    With love, our hearts always open
    The magic of a snowflake is EVERYWHERE!

    Merry Christmas Shug, Love Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...