Sunday, October 4, 2026

Coffee, Weather, V-Neck

 


Sunday Morning ☕πŸ‚


Well, y’all… this is coffee-sipping weather.


The temperature is hanging out in the low 70s, the sky is cloudy, and for once I can step outside without immediately wondering why I chose to live somewhere that tries to bake me alive half the year. πŸ˜‚  It truly feels great out on the back porch.  


I love a cloudy Sunday morning.  It makes that first cup of coffee taste a little better....  Just a favorite cup, a comfortable chair, and a few quiet minutes to watch the morning unfold.



..........The cloudy skies, the cooler air, a warm cup between my hands, a warm blanket in my lap, and a grateful heart.  These are the good things of life. 


God gives us these little pauses. Moments to slow down, look around, and realize just how many blessings are tucked into an ordinary morning.


Today I’m sipping my coffee a little slower, enjoying this beautiful change in the weather, and thanking God for another Sunday. 


I'm pretty sure that this one cup of coffee will soon turn into two…. πŸ˜‚☕πŸ‚


πŸπŸ‚πŸπŸ‚πŸπŸ‚πŸ


Our kids have all be gone this weekend....they traveled out to West Texas to visit their kids...(my grandkids)


AND......


Sam and I have probably spent too much time in our recliners....watching TV. this weekend.   We did venture out to the mall yesterday afternoon to shop for a new suit for Sam.  

Wedding is coming up in about 4 weeks, so we needed to get this taken care of.  

We found him a very nice Navy Blue suit and he looks so handsome in it!!  Well, he's handsome anyways, but the suit really does look great on him.  


After we finished shopping, we decided to grab a late lunch at "Longhorn Steak House."  We split the hamburger steak with mushrooms....(I love their mushrooms) and Sam got a salad with no lettuce!!!

Yes, there is such a thing.  His bowl was filled with cucumbers, tomatoes, croutons and cheese...

I ordered their strawberry salad as my side.. It was so GOOD.


We came home and he slept the rest of the afternoon...

I made a pot of homemade Chili..  


πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›


For all you sweet ladies out there....I need help deciding on a necklace to go with my dress for the wedding.  




This dress has a beautiful V-neck that is lined with stones.  
I need something that is heavier than a single stone, and something that will give me some coverage as well...


Sorry...me with no make-up!!


Any Suggestions???


Wishing you all a Blessed Day....
It's a beautiful Sunday, a wonderful day to Praise the Lord, and a sweet day for some rest...

Shug....




                              


3 comments:

Mevely317 said...

How pretty you look, Shug. No cosmetics necessary!
I can't wait for our temps to warrant making chili again. Just this morning I discovered a bowl of last year's 'red', only to discover it was freezer-burned. I always get Long Horn's salmon, but someday I want to try that Long Horn burger with mushrooms.
Happy Sunday!

Mari said...

You with no makeup is beautiful! I wish I had a necklace idea for you...
I'm laughing at Sam's salad with no lettuce. :)

Kathy G said...

My first thought for your dress would be a nice chunky pearl necklace-maybe with multiple strands or mixed with a metal chain. That would draw the attention up to your lovely neck and pretty face instead of down toward the v-neck.

Coffee, Weather, V-Neck

  Sunday Morning ☕πŸ‚ Well, y’all… this is coffee-sipping weather. The temperature is hanging out in the low 70s, the sky is cloudy, and for ...