Tuesday, October 6, 2026

A cute Story

 Happy Tuesday morning, Y'all!

It is 60 degrees outside this morning...  can I now say "It's Fall, Y'all?"

🌻🍁🌻🍁🌻

The cooler weather isn't the only thing putting a smile on my face....



"Pie Pumpkins"

Yesterday, my daughter Shanda called me and she began laughing...

"Mom, I have to tell you what Baylee did."

When somebody starts a conversation like that, you already know you're about to hear something good.  💛

Baylee works with Shanda, and the two of them make a great team as dyslexia specialist. Not only are they both great teachers, they are so loved by their students.  

Baylee has a son named Creed, who is in kindergarten.




Well, Creed came home from school with a note from his teacher. It was officially pumpkin time, and each child needed to bring a small “pie pumpkin” to school—the little 6-inch-or-so pumpkins they would be using for activities over the next few weeks.


Simple enough, right?


Apparently not. 😂


Somewhere between reading “pie pumpkin” and getting dinner fixed for the family, Baylee’s brain rearranged those two little words.


So the next morning, Creed proudly headed off to kindergarten carrying…


A PUMPKIN PIE.


Y’all. 😂😂😂


Not a pumpkin.


Not a little pumpkin.


Not even a pumpkin that could someday become a pie.


An actual, ready-to-eat pumpkin pie.


I can only imagine Creed walking into that classroom like, “Here is my pumpkin pie!"


Can you imagine the look on his teacher's face??  I am guessing she probably ran back to her desk to re-read that note.....


Children arriving with cute little pumpkins and Creed came strolling in ready for Thanksgiving dessert.


Of course, Baylee quickly realized there had been a tiny misunderstanding.


Pie pumpkin. Pumpkin pie.  (even dyslexia teachers can make mistakes, right?"


Same two words.


VERY different school supplies. 😂


 I have to say, I think Baylee deserves a little credit. She may have misunderstood the assignment, but she certainly upgraded it. The teachers asked for a pumpkin and that woman sent breakfast, dessert. 




Poor Creed, he probably didn’t think anything about it. When you’re in kindergarten and your mama hands you a pumpkin pie to take to school, you just grab that pie and go!


🌻 And this is exactly why I love these everyday little stories. Life gives us plenty of serious moments, but every now and then it hands us something so silly and innocent that you just have to laugh.


Fun part of life:  October mornings, little boys carrying pies to school, busy mamas who occasionally read things backwards, and teachers who made Creed feel excited about his  pie.


And to Baylee…


This is a "fun-tastic" memory that your family will enjoy for years to come.  😂


Happy Tuesday, y’all! 🎃🥧❤️


Shug....


* BTW...October is Dyslexia Awareness month!!!

1 comment:

Mari said...

Hahaha! I love that! Yes, this is a story that will be remembered and she will be teased (lovingly) for years!

A cute Story

  Happy Tuesday morning, Y'all! It is 60 degrees outside this morning...  can I now say "It's Fall, Y'all?" 🌻🍁🌻🍁🌻...