Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Bed Partner and a dinner

Here it is...another week, another week of busyness.  It's Wednesday and I am already two days behind.


First of all...I want to share with you all, My new bed partner.... "Gusty-Flo."



Gusty Flo and I made it through the night last night, but I'm not sure how good things are going.  

I thought I was going to wake up, FULL of energy and moving with speed.  NOPE...didn't happen!!  

Gusty Flo blows in my face all night, hogs my nightstand, and wakes me up numerous times during the night. 

The first night, GF gave me a headache so I ended up connecting with it for only 4 1/2 hours.  Last night....oh my... UP and DOWN, UP and DOWN!!  

I felt strapped down...would you believe that I even had to take my necklace off during the night?  I Never take my necklace off, but for some reason, it was adding to my anxiety of having this breathing machine on my face.  

I know I will get it, but for now....I am tired.  I feel like I've been in a wrestling match and I didn't come out the winner.  LOL.



I'm beginning to think my tiredness might have less to do with needing more sleep and a whole more to do with my latest project. 

I am in the middle of making 10 centerpieces for a special dinner that Sam is hosting on October 30th for the stockholders of the Nursery.  He (Sam) has me to take care of everything, which makes me think that I AM hosting the party!! 

Of course, I can never seem to do anything the easy way.  what starts with "Oh, I'll just make a few centerpieces," somehow turns into flowers, supplies scattered everywhere, and me making an extra trip or two to the store.  

Truthfully, I do enjoy staying busy.  It just makes me short on blogging.  Oh well...I will catch up soon..  


Y'all have a blessed and beautiful day...

shug...

20 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

I can understand wanting to remove anything around the neck.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have mild to medium apnea, and refused the CPap. I still sleep really well, except for my pains. I have seen on T.V. there is a new thing called Inspire that they put under your skin and it has a remote. And you kind of don't even know it's there, like with a pacemaker. Here is some info about it:

Inspire is a small implant placed under the skin of the chest. It treats obstructive sleep apnea by gently stimulating a nerve that controls the tongue and airway muscles while you sleep, helping keep the airway open. Instead of wearing a CPAP mask, you use a small remote to turn the device on before bed.

A few quick facts:

It's implanted during a surgical procedure.
It is not suitable for everyone with sleep apnea.
Doctors usually consider it for people who cannot tolerate or do not benefit from CPAP therapy.
A sleep specialist evaluates whether a person is a candidate.

There are also other implanted sleep apnea treatments, but Inspire is by far the most commonly known one when people refer to "the implant instead of a CPAP."

photowannabe said...

I have heard the same results from so many using the cpap. I really can't stand anything around my nose and mouth so I really feel for you. Another thing to add to the prayer list ...
Your center pieces are so elegant and lovely. Its such an important dinner event for your hubby.
May the Lord give you an extra surge of strength to do everything that needs to be done.
(((hugs)))
Sue

Michelle said...

Shug, I am sending good vibes and prayers your way for that CPAP! I know it is a lot to get used to.

Mevely317 said...

I'm sorry, but Gusty Flo looks worse than what I imagined a CPAP looked like. Please keep us in the loop ... I know many folks who are dependent on them, but that doesn't mean it's comfortable. Prayers!

Mari said...

Gusty Flo is my bed partner too! And I'm just as impressed as you are. It's been a year and I still take it off about 4 hours through the night. :(
I laughed about you hosting Sams dinner. Sounds about right!

Red Rose Alley said...

I'm so sorry you have to wear that thing at night, Shug. It must be so unsettling for you. Your centerpieces are pretty, and so fall looking. That white blossom almost looks like a wispy dandelion. That sounds like a fun project you're working on. I'm sure all the ten centerpieces will turn out nicely; you're so creative, and everything you make turns to magic. ; )

Kathy G said...

If you can't get used to Gusty Flo's mask after a few weeks ask your healthcare provider for a different type-that can make a big difference.

Kim said...

Oh boy, just the mention of that machine makes me feel claustrophobic! I hope it gets better soon.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I hope you get used to your night time friend! Those centerpieces are lovely!

Anne in the kitchen said...

Hoping tonight i easier for you.
I know everything will be lovely for your (I mean Sam's) party.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I hope you win the struggle with that machine! I understand wanting to keep busy. I seem to go to an extreme. Either I keep myself too busy or not busy enough and I get bored...

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

I never thought about how restrictive a cPap would feel like. That would probably happen to me.
I don't have sleep apnea yet - but once, after my rotater cuff surgery I had to wear this shoulder brace thinghy, that was restricting plus I had a ice machine on for my pain as prescribed. I woke up having a panic attack. I thought I was being strangled. So I only used the ice machine before I slept and that made a difference. Still had to wear that shoulder brace with the pillow for 6 weeks. Hated it!
My husband has one but it doesn't bother him. I sure hope you can figure something out. Perhaps a different type??

Anonymous said...

That looks miserable.

Ann said...

I can imagine it would take a lot of getting used to having a cpap on at night.

Donna said...

Yeah, I’m with Ginny… I’d check with a doctor about Inspire. I’ve heard it’s just a small implant and so worth it…{2”x2”. .3 inch thick…that’s thin!). Upper right chest area on a nerve that controls tongue movement. Pretty cool actually. Where will science be, in even 2 yrs time…goodness!
Hugs
Donna

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I feel so bad for you, Shug, having to use that CPAP. I know it would drive me crazy. Hope your doctor can find another alternative for you. Have fun planning that event for Sam!

Kim Carberry said...

Ohh! I don't think I would be able to sleep with a breathing machine on my face but if it's something you need it has to be worn. I am sure in time you will get used to it.
Those centrepieces are gorgeous!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

That CPAP thing sounds horrible. Do they have any other less restrictive options? I have never been tested for sleep apnea so I don't know if I have it or not, but I think something like that would make my sleep worse--not better.
The centerpieces look beautiful.

Dianna said...

Hopefully you will adjust to Gusty Flo soon so that you can get more rest. Sam asked the right person for help for the dinner he is hosting. 😉

Bed Partner and a dinner

Here it is...another week, another week of busyness.  It's Wednesday and I am already two days behind. First of all...I want to share wi...