The Pumpkins Have Arrived! π
Well, y’all, the pumpkins have officially arrived at our local grocery store!
I walked through the doors.... they immediately caught my eye.... A huge stack of pumpkins—orange, white, green, striped, smooth, bumpy, big and little. I forgot for a minute what I had even gone to the store for. Of course, out came my phone. You know me…if it catches my eye, there’s probably going to be a picture. Or maybe 5-6.... π
Seeing all those pumpkins made me smile because it means fall is finally trying to make its way to us. I'm thinking that Texas has finally gotten the message that it's pumpkin season.
I especially love the unusual pumpkins. Give me the funny-shaped one with the crooked stem or the one covered in bumps. They aren’t perfect, but they sure stand out in the crowd. The orange pumpkins really speak Fall, but the unusual ones bring a lot of character to the season.
Maybe we could learn a little from those pumpkins. We spend way too much time worrying about our imperfections when those very things are often what make us interesting, memorable, and uniquely us. God never intended for us all to be exactly alike.
Life gives us a few bumps, too. A few crooked places. Seasons we wouldn’t have chosen. But then a new season comes along and reminds us that change isn’t always something to dread. Sometimes it brings exactly what our heart needed.
So yes, I went to the grocery store and came home thinking about pumpkins and life. Can you believe that I didn't purchase one?
Only me, y’all. ππ
…I’m ready for fall.
This recipe sounds pretty good. These are next on my list to make!!
Shug...... make it a great day y'all...


20 comments:
Ummm ... yummm ... I do love anything cheese cake flavored. Thanks for the recipe.
Thanks for the update on Sam too. Glad he is getting the healing rest he needs. Prayers are definitely continuing for you'all.
Love your analogy about the various types of pumpkins and how I can identify with some of them.
I have to say I am surprised you didn't purchase at least one !
Have a great day.
Sue
Morning Sue. I can't believe I didn't purchase one either. Sam was in the car waiting on me, so I knew I had to hurry... lol
As always Shug, a lovely post. But I cannot believe you did not purchase a pumpkin!
I cannot believe you didn't even buy any! I love how you linked the unusual pumpkins with people!
P.S. I love your new header!!! It is so exciting to see ones that bloggers change, and you are one of the few.
I agree that those bumpy pumpkins are a lot like us with all our warts and imperfections. But those are the very things that make us unique, I agree. I'm so grateful that God loves us just the way we are! So glad that Sam is able to get the rest he needs. Blessings to you both!
I'm also a fan of the unusual pumpkins. I love the green and white ones and the ones with bumps. I have to get our porch decorated and will be looking for some of those.
Those pumpkin muffins look so good. Pumpkin and cream cheese are a perfect pair.
Glad to read the Sam report and am happy he's getting some extra rest.
I will buy a pumpkin or two, but not until closer till Halloween because I like to leave them up until shortly before Thanksgiving.
So thankful to the Lord for the way the new treatment is giving Sam the ability to get more rest. What a blessing.
We were at a Mennonite bulk food store on Saturday where they had a lot of pumpkins for sale...and guess which ones I went to immediately? Yep...the bumpy ones. I don't know what it is about them that makes them so adorable to me, but I love them!
I need to get some pumpkin out of the freezer and start doing some fall baking! That muffin recipe looks amazing!
Your reaction to the pumpkin display is just like mine was when I first spotted it. Like Christmas morning for grown-ups, right?
I totally agree about those who may not conform to others' ideas of what's pretty -- but refuse to sit in the back and remain anonymous. As a matter of fact, I want to bring one or two of them home as soon as this ridiculous heat wave passes.
You have more restraint than me! lol I already purchased some. I love fall and can't help myself.
I beginning to see pumpkins in all the stores too, but I have not bought one either because we will be leaving soon for Florida, and I can't take it with me. Those pumpkin cheesecake muffins look really good. Thanks for the recipe Shug.
I'm glad your store has the pumpkins now. It's wonderful to see when they first come out. I've always loved orange, but the white ones are sweet too. And if the pumpkin has a funky stem, that's even better. The pumpkin cream cheese muffins looks amazing. Oh, and I noticed your Header issue is fixed. It's so fall looking. Happy October Shug!
Pumpkin season is the best!! And I love the message here too. So well said dear Shug. That recipe sounds amazing!! Pumpkin cream cheese anything is perfect in my book. π Blessings to you! Xo
You will have to go back to get pumpkins. I can't imagine you decorating without having some.
I love Fall and pumpkins too! Thank you for the update, I'm still praying for you both. ❤️
As much as I love seeing all the pumpkins I don't bother buying them anymore. I just like to look. Those pumpkin cheesecake muffins look delicious.
It’s a little too early to purchase a pumpkin where I am if we want it to last until Halloween. The days are still a tad to warm so they will rot.
I spotted pumpkins in the supermarkets this week too! I was tempted to buy a few but decided to hold off until later in the month. I like the unusual looking ones too.
I like to see the little kids make Jack o Lanterns that is the most fun for me:)
Post a Comment