The Kitchen Really Is the Heart of the Home ❤️
I’ve always loved the saying “The kitchen is the heart of the home.” And I think there’s a lot of truth in those few words.
I even have a sign in my kitchen that says: "This kitchen is for dancing." Over the years, there has been a lot of dancing...mostly my grandkids.
I honestly think there is something about having a space you love that makes cooking enjoyable. Where you bake fresh breads, cookies and cakes.....or where you enjoy building flavors into meals that your family loves.
My idea of a dream kitchen isn’t necessarily the biggest or fanciest one. Just plenty of counter space, good lighting, things within easy reach, and a big island where people can gather. A kitchen where family and friends can pull up a stool and visit while I cook—or better yet, help!
Some of the best conversations happen standing around a kitchen island. Family gathers there. Friends wander in there. Grandchildren come looking for snacks there. Lots of memories are made in one simple space. Old pans, dishes, even a tea picture... These are things that our kids and grandkids take with them throughout the years... "Do you remember that old wooden spoon that Shug used to use?" These are the memories I hope my grands take with them.
And maybe that’s exactly why the kitchen really is the heart of the home.
It isn’t because of the cabinets, the appliances, the countertops, or even the food.
It’s because it’s a place where we create, gather, feed, talk, laugh, and love. I remember my grandmother's kitchen... Old? Yes! It was a huge open room with a table in the middle with plenty of chairs, cabinets all around the walls, and always, the smell of something cooking on the stove.
So now I want to know…
What is your favorite part of your kitchen...??
The design, the organization, or the love that pours in each time your family gathers?
Today....I'll be making a "German Chocolate Cake"
in my kitchen... One of Sam's absolute favorite cakes!!
Just for fun, I had AI design an open kitchen that would connect our living area to the kitchen....I enjoy watching the HGTV programs on remodeling homes and I saw a complete kitchen redo on a home yesterday.... Thought it would be fun to see what AI would come up with in our home.
_________
I want to leave y'all this morning with this gorgeous photo that my Colorado kids just sent...
Pike's Peak has snow!!
Shug....



No comments:
Post a Comment