Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Fall Magic

Hello Everyone!!    Is it Fall?   Not yet, but it's coming soon!!  September 22 nd to be exact....   I am ready for it now and so is our home!!



I did a little decorating yesterday while Sam was sleeping...  I will say, I am enjoying the cozy feeling that has started to settle over the house. 

 I did a little more decorating than what I had originally planned... I was working so hard and then I suddenly realized that I was carrying Fall throughout the house.  I do still have to finish the kitchen...

This year, I didn't want to completely change everything.  I wanted to use many of the things I already love and just simply tuck in touches of autumn here and there.  The only thing that I added was a lot more candles.  


 


I love how in the evenings, the candlelight changes a room.  Such a warm feeling.....even though we are still in the upper 90's around here outdoors...I guess I could simple go outside and feel the warmth...but it wouldn't have the same ambiance. 



Our sofa got it's own simple Fall update with green pillows and that wonderful pop of orange color.  I love how the colors look against our warm neutral leather sofa.  Sometimes a change in pillows can redecorate the room.. 


In the dining area, I brought out my tiered tray and filled it with pumpkins, pears, greenery and some little white pumpkins that say "thankful" and "Blessed."   I still need a candle for the top tier...




So simple.....a tall wicker piece with Fall florals.  


When Sam woke up a few hours later, the house looked completely different....

I call it Fall Magic!!!!

Shug....🍁





18 comments:

Susan said...

Oh Shug. So glad Sam is holding his own. Dear fellow. This is so difficult. Love every single one of your decorations. You did a fabulous job! Have a good rest of the week. Praying for you and Sam. Hugs, Susan

Ginny Hartzler said...

Two really great things today. Sam is home, and I get to see your decorations!! Though ulcers are not a good thing, I am so glad that is all that was wrong. I love all your decorations! My favorite is your divine arrangement in the tall wicker vase, it is really exquisite! I also love your coffee table arrangements and the couch with the pretty pillows

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Yes, we are all waiting for full. Your home looks so festive with all those fall colors. Glad Sam is home. Hope he is feeling better and you can help him find foods to build his strength.

Carla from The River said...

I read the update on Sam. Thank you and I continue to pray for you both.
I decorated for autumn on Sunday. I put out a lot of candles too. :-)
xo

photowannabe said...

I am so happy and thanking the Lord for your update on Sam. Of course the prayers are
continuing ...
You my dear are the Home Decorator #1 !!!!
I love all the tasteful displays throughout your home. I do think my favorite is the last photo of your mantle with the interesting flowers on the wood block and candle. Its gorgeous !
Love you
(((hugs)))
Sue

Dianna said...

Shug, everything looks absolutely gorgeous! I think you love autumn as much as I do. :) I'm so sorry to read here that Sam has been in the hospital. I will be praying for his continued recovery. xx

Mevely317 said...

Beautiful, Shug ... like something out of a high-end magazine spread! I agree, candles bring with them a magic like no other. I still want to buy myself one of those tiered trays, if they can even be found.
Praying for Sam's strength ... and appetite, too.

Michelle said...

I appreciate that you update all of us on Sam. Prayers for him, and for you as his caregiver.

Red Rose Alley said...

It certainly does look like Fall magic around your house, Shug. Everything looks so nice, and I love those Autumn books all stacked up. The orange soft pillow really stands out against your beige couch. I like your tier of pears and pumpkins too. I noticed the lazy susan in the center of your table and smiled, as my mom had that all those years we lived in that house. The tray went around many a time with open hands savoring the meal my mom made for dinner. I especially like your polka dot pumpkin, it's so cute. I hope you have fun decorating the kitchen next.

**I got your goodies in the mail, and I sent you a little e-mail. Thank you for everything. : )

CheerfulMonk said...

Thank you so much for the update on Sam. Still praying for you both. ❤️

Mari said...

I'm so thankful to hear that Sam is back home, the best place to be! Praying for the ulcers to heal and to him to gain weight and strength.
Your Fall decor looks so nice and cozy!

Anonymous said...

Nice sofa, that soft neutral color is great because any color combo of accessories goes with it. I assume you live in a cat free house...we see a sofa, my two angels see a giant scratching post.

Donna said...

Oh! I love the Lazy Susan🥰. And all the decorations for Fall! I can’t wait for the cooler weather to arrive!
Hugs
Donna 🌷🍁🍂🍁

Ann said...

Everything looks beautiful. I pulled out a few things that were easy to get to but not much at all. Your house has that warm and cozy feel to it with all those fall touches.

Kim Carberry said...

The decorating sounds good! Everything looks so pretty and cosy! I love your tiered tray with pumpkins.

Kathy G said...

The house looks amazing. I can't think about Fall until cool weather arrives.

Chatty Crone said...

Your decorations are like non other - they are beautiful and elegant.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

It all looks so pretty. I especially like the sofa with its colorful pillows.

The Kitchen.. the heart of the Home

  The Kitchen Really Is the Heart of the Home ❤️ I’ve always loved the saying “The kitchen is the heart of the home.” And I think there’s a...