Why Do I Have 4,527 Pictures on My Phone?
Four thousand, five hundred, and twenty seven.
Am I documenting my life for the Smithsonian?
Apparently so.
Every once in a while, I decide to clean out my photos. I pour myself a cup of coffee and begin with great determination.
Delete. Delete. Delete.
Then I find a picture of one of the grandchildren from three years ago.
Well, obviously, I can’t delete that.
Then there’s a sunset.
I already have 327 pictures of sunsets, but this one is different. The clouds were prettier.
Keep.
Then come the flowers.
Why do I need 47 pictures of the same flower?
Because apparently, I was waiting for it to turn its head and smile.....Keep!
Duplicates...🤷♀️🤷♀️
Obviously, I keep them all...All as in I have 5 of the same picture.
________
Then I discover screenshots.
Recipes I was going to make. Decorating ideas I was going to try. A blouse I was going to order.
A quote I was going to remember.
Then, I never go back to those pictures...thoughts...or whatever you want to call them...
______
Then there are the accidental pictures.
The floor. My shoe. The inside of my purse.
The dashboard.
And the horrifying accidental selfie taken from underneath my chin.
**Once I discover them, they are deleted immediately!!!
____
Then there are pictures I took so I wouldn’t forget something:
Where I parked. A price tag. The name of a plant.
I honestly have no clue how I ever managed life without my phone camera.
The truth is, mixed in with all the nonsense are little pieces of my life.
Birthdays.....Holidays.....Family gatherings.
Grandchildren growing taller.....Places I’ve been.
That’s the problem with cleaning out my phone.
Many of my photos are memories and these are terribly difficult to throw out. I have them saved in a couple of other places, but for reasons unknown, I think they need to be on my phone as well.
So after an hour of serious photo cleaning, I check my total.
I started with 4,527 pictures.
I now have….4,380 important pictures.
Excellent progress? LOL
Y'all have a good day....
Shug...



26 comments:
Well, at least you are trying!! I am the same with my picture folders on the laptop. About 10 years ago, I had over 10,000. I think it must be double now. Going through all of them takes days, and it is so hard to delete!! Even though most I have never looked at in ages!
Oh Shug, I can totally relate, cause pictures are my thing. But like you, I've cleaned and cleared out. And I do not take good pictures of myself, so I will keep one and get rid of the rest. I noticed the ones with Sam and the baby. The are so alike, yet so different, and all of them are dear. Family pics are hard to delete cause someone looks good in one pic and someone else looks good in another pic. The cloud photos are tricky too, cause each cloud photo is different. Keep plugging away at it, you're doing good, Shug. And have a wonderful September week.
**thank you for letting me know the name of those red berries. I appreciate that. : )
Well, I have 15,000 images on my computer!! Duplicates of images as well!!!
I've tried using a duplicate remover but no luck...guess I need Techie help...uggg
hugs
Donna
I can’t help but laugh at the similarities I have when cleaning out mine!
Of course I needed 43 photos of my granddaughters first Christmas with the stocking my mom had knitted for her. The fact that she was born in late November and none of the poses changed does not matter, right?
I hate to think how many photos must be on my phone, Shug. Yes, I need to make a concerted effort to sort through them, but it's too painful to let precious memories go. Blessings!
Imagine having to take all these to the chemist to be developed and printed.
God bless.
Haha! 😂This gave me such a giggle dear Shug. Not just because you are a hoot! But because I relate all too well. 🙈 Blessings on your Monday dear Friend xoxo
Waiting for the flower to turn its head and smile, I laughed out loud! And going from 4,527 to 4,380 'important' pictures is real progress in my book. Sending good thoughts to you and Sam.
Oh golly! I haven't even checked to see how many I have! Now I am curious! I do download my pictures to my computer so I can use them in my blog...the ones I want to keep, that is. I could delete a bunch I'm sure, but like you, I get hung up on looking at them and enjoying them again and I'm like Alice in Wonderland down a rabbit hole. Maybe I need to at least give it a try. Thank you for the thoughts, anyway!! You are a girl after my own heart.
Oh Shug! You made me laugh out loud. And I laugh with you, because now I wonder how many I have. I bet it's more....
But - when the rest of the world discovers you and loves you like we do, those photos by Shug will be priceless!
I do the same thing.
Well, it sounds like we are all in the same boat ... haha ... I have a gazillion sunsets and flowers and scenery but they are all "my Favorites" ... Can't delete the kiddos or the events that need to be remembered , even if there are 6 of the same thing!
Seems like every month or so I take a trip down "The Rabbit Hole" and before I know it hours have disappeared (:0)
Love you and love your blogs and the way your mind works. So glad we are Blog Friends.
Sue
lol. This post made me giggle and nod in agreement. You're absolutely right! They all need to stay - well, except for the ones of your finger or the floor.
HA HA ... oh my!!! I LOVE this. THIS IS ME!!
Shug, you are so funny. I actually laughed hardily while reading this post. I can identify 1000 percent. Ohhhh, it's SO HARD to delete, except for those "horrifying accendental selfies" which I have also deleted with pounding fingers. ha haha I am sure I have at least 10,000 photos. From time to time, I'll have a deletion party but still, it's hard. Hope you have a wonderful week, Shug. Susan
Shug, I have more photos on my phone than that! lol Oh well.......
Shug, I do the same thing. I have too many and I start to delete but then I want them...
Now I'm afraid to count the many images living in my little phone! That little rectangle is so precious ... a time capsule of all that matters. (Good, bad AND ugly, too.)
Thank you for the smiles!
I can so relate, haha.
I can definitely relate. In fact, I just deleted a bunch of pictures this morning off my phone - mostly screenshots of things needed at the moment, but no longer. And yes, hard to pick the best shot to keep. So many decisions, and sometimes easier to just not make a decision, ha! Blessings to you!
Ye,s I can relate to that too!
Oh my gosh Shug, you are exactly like me. I have the same photos, and I try to delete as well. It is HARD. I can relate.
I have a favor to ask - if you still have it - year ago you sent me a recipe it was for a white chocolate mix candy I guess you'd say. And I know I saved it and I have looked all night. Do you remember - do you still have it - and if so - would you take a picture of it - lol - and send it. Thanks.
LOL, this is so true. I do the same thing. I did start deleting them from my phone though because they all get backed up to google photos. I do need to go in a delete some of those. The problem is how can you delete a picture of a family member just because it's a little blurry.
Every month I take the photos off my phone and put them on my laptop and then forgot to sort them out until I have half an hour when I think I need to and then struggle to delete any. lol It is so hard to delete photos!
Post a Comment