Well, it’s official—Mylee is moved into her dorm! ❤️ And apparently moving one girl into one dorm room requires approximately the contents of a small department store. 😂
Sam and I headed out with a car packed with just about everything you could possibly imagine. Her dad followed with his truck loaded down, and Mylee’s car was stuffed full too. Three vehicles. One girl. One dorm room. You do the math. 😂
Now, I should probably clarify Sam’s role in this little adventure.
Sam was my riding companion.
That was his job.
He rode there.
And once we arrived, he located himself a nice comfortable chair and settled in while the other four of us carried, unpacked, arranged, rearranged, organized and tried to figure out how everything from THREE vehicles was going to fit into ONE dorm room.
Apparently Sam had been promoted to Move-In Day Supervisor. 😂
And I have to give him credit—he supervised beautifully.
By the time we finished, Mylee’s little space had gone from dorm room to home away from home. Her bedding is soft and cozy, her pictures and colorful touches make it feel like her, and even the sweet fragrance from a plug-in made the whole room smell fresh and welcoming.
This girl came prepared right down to the smallest detail, too. Even her nails were painted in her school colors! 💜🤍⭐️ Now THAT is commitment!
Once everything was in place and we had admired our handiwork, it was time for Sam and me to head home.
Of course, a long day of supervising and decorating can make a person hungry—especially the supervising part—so we stopped for something to eat along the way.
And WOWZA.
The food was absolutely delicious!
But before we even got inside, we spotted something that definitely deserved a picture—a towering Christmas tree covered in PINK FLAMINGOS! 🦩🎄😂
Because apparently flamingos celebrate Christmas too. 🤷♀️
It was one of those funny little things that just made an already good day even better.
The best part for me, though, was having Sam along. He enjoyed getting out, taking the long ride—which almost made it feel like we were off on a little vacation—and getting to see exactly where Mylee will be living and beginning this new chapter of her life.
We are excited for everything that is ahead of Mylee, at the same time, we are wondering how in the world the years went by so quickly.
We left Mylee with a cozy room, pretty nails, plenty of belongings, prayers and, hopefully, everything she needs.
We came home with three much emptier vehicles, full stomachs, tired bodies and very full hearts. ❤️
It really was a good day.
And Sam?
Well, after all that supervising, I’m sure he was exhausted. 😂❤️
He was a trooper though...not one single complaint.





19 comments:
I am so happy that Sam could go along with you and be the Dorm Supervisor. Does a Body Good !!!
Wow is all I can say to Mylee's room.What a great use of space.. It looks so cozy and personal.
Blessings on this new chapter of her life.
Sue
What a delightful post this is! I enjoyed it so much. I remember moving my kids into their dorms, although now my kids are doing that for their kids!! Thanks for bringing us along. Love that flamingo-flocked Christmas tree!!
Such a lovely young lady and an adorable room. We just did the same with our great grandson, Issac as he heading to UCSF on a wrestling scholarship. In his case it's 5 guys in an apartment style dorm. No cute decorations, probably wresting posters, HaHa
It is so great that Sam came! He could see her room and be involved!! Mylee is looking gorgeous, Her room looks lovely. Our granddaughter is moving in today as well. And her bedspread and curtains look like Mylee's!! Apparently white is the dorm color of choice. Her bed headboard is amazing! And her nails!! I have never seen a flamingo tree, how cool! What kind of place was this, anyway?
How exciting! I can't believe that is a dorm room! Wow! Does she share it with anyone? It's beautiful! And I can't get over how much Mylee looks like YOU! Beautiful! And I'm so glad Sam could go along and supervise and be a part of everything. I know that meant a lot to him and also to Mylee. What a wonderful day. I know it was bittersweet as well. She's starting a whole new chapter of her life, away from home.God is with her and I'm sure she will do just fine.
I'm so happy to see this, Shug! Gosh, what a difference between Mylee's dorm and what I experienced back in '68. (Think prison-block, lol). Those nails rock!
Wow, that is some fancy looking dorm room. Did Mylee even bring her own bed from home to get it so high?
Loved that Sam was able to go too and be part of the adventure.
You are such a good writer. I really enjoyed reading this post.
Good for Sam taking on the role of supervisor. Someone has to do it. Congrats to Myles on her move into the dorm.
That is definitely a feminine looking room. Does Mylee have a roommate she had to coordinate with?
WOW those dorms/ rooms are something else, smiles. Keeping in prayer.
Mylee's room is absolutely enchanting, Shug! Does she have a roommate? So glad that Sam could come along with you all to supervise everything and be there for your beautiful granddaughter at this transitional time in her life. Keeping Sam and all of you in my prayers.
That is a lovely room, and how wonderful you and Sam could be a part of her first day there.
Things are so much different than when I moved into a dorm. We thought we were fancy because we had matching Sear's ribcord bedspreads and curtains my mom made
Her room certainly does look cozy and like home. In fact, I was surprised to realize that is a dorm room. Three vehicles? I hope it wasn't too far away.. I hope she has a great year!!!
I am thrilled Sam went. Also, that is the cutest and nicest dorm room I have EVER seen in my life. Love her nails. Love flamingos. Just checking in - still trying to clean up my mess.
I'm so glad that Sam could come and it was like a mini vacation for the two of you. Wow ! Have dorm rooms changed!
What a special day and I am glad Sam was able to supervise!
What a charming and cozy Dorm room. Love the soft comforter. It looks like she has a lot of lighting too. It's nice Sam was able to be there too, and it's good that he didn't do any of the lifting, moving, etc. The flamingo tree is delightful. I'm glad you had a good moving day, and I hope Mylee has a great college year in her new Dorm. I've never heard of only one person settling in a Dorm room, that's new to me. ; )
What a beautiful dorm room! You all did a wonderful job...especially Sam with his supervising because it turned out fantastic. Glad you enjoyed your meal on your way home. We have a young lady from our church who was to check in to her dorrn room today. These kids just grow up way too quickly anymore. xx
Hello, my lovely friend! I am so happy you and Sam shared that wonderful, and exhausting day together!!! What a beautiful room and such wonderful memories made. Have a wonderful Sunday afternoon!
Post a Comment