Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Butterfly Reflections

 I looked out and spotted this beautiful Eastern Tiger Swallowtail enjoying one of my flowers. It stayed just long enough for me to grab a picture before fluttering off to its next stop.



Isn’t it amazing how something so small can make you stop what you’re doing and just smile?

I love that these little visitors never send a text to say they’re coming. lol... 😂 They just show up, brighten my day for a few minutes, and leave me hoping they’ll stop by again tomorrow.

_______

A few photos from the backporch.....



We have a cooler morning happening right here in East Texas..  But...the sun popped up and in just a few hours the thermometer will read in the upper 90's or the low 100's.  😬🌞🕶️.



Turk's Caps blooming....

I've already seen several hummingbirds this morning and a red bird.  Guess I need to mention some crows as well.  



My Banana trees are doing great this year...


How sweet it is to be able to sit on the porch and enjoy the beauty.

Now....if only the butterfly could teach the squirrels and hummingbirds to pose for
 pictures....this would make for a fun day...

Y'all have a great day!!

Shug......🦋

20 comments:

  1. Oh, Shug, your butterfly photo and reflection got my day off to the best start. You never fail to brighten my day whenever I visit your beautiful blog. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were a butterfly your flowers would be a must-visit attraction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The garden and its occupants are a real joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of beauty and joy in your yard! I love your thoughts on them just popping in without calling first. Thanks for the smiles today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your burtterfly photo! It's perfect!! I do love it when they grace us with their presence long enough to get a good picture! I've been known to follow them around from flower to flower until they get tired of me trailing them and they fly away to bless someone else in their yard. You have some beautiful flowers! Thank you for sharing the beauty with us today!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you are feeling better today. Oh how I love your flowers and the gorgeous butterfly. We have lots of damsel fly and dragon flies flitting around. Totally impossible to snap a picture though.
    There must be a wildfire off to the North of us. The sky is so murky this morning. I don't smell anything though.
    Our foxes were back yesterday just for a little while. Our next door neighbor Mike said there are 5 of them ... Mama and her kits. Mama likes to sit on Mikes hill and watch the kids play. Its just fascinating after the 19 years we have lived here to be seeing wildlife in our own backyard.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a joy to visit your blog- It's always uplifting and you take gorgeous photos too. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures, especially the one of that gorgeous butterfly..
    I have not seen many butterflies in my neck of the woods, and none to equal yours.
    The wildflowers I planted on my balcony are supposed to attract hummingbirds and butterflies, but so far I have not seen any. Just looking at the flowers and seeing all the different colors appear, though does lift my spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lush plants you have! You must water quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you have sources of joy in these hard times. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your place is tropical and gorgeous!! And you got a great shot of the Swallowtail. You RREALLY have a green thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That tiger Swallowtail looks amazing ... like he/she was deliberately posing for posterity! I'm so glad you're feeling better and finding joy in what matters!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful butterfly. Nice of it to visit

    ReplyDelete
  14. Butterflies and plants are great ways to brighten a day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Butterflies bring such joy wherever they go! So nice you were able to get a quick lovely picture! And enjoy a cool morning! We've had cooler mornings here too! Have a blessed rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love watching the butterflies in my garden and they never fail to make me smile.
    What pretty flowers and how cool to have hummingbirds visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love to watch butterflies. And hummingbirds. God's creation is amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, it's hard to get a good picture of the butterfly, as it flutters about so quickly. But you got a good one, Shug. And I enjoyed seeing your plants and flowers outside. Anything nature, and I'm there. Your banana tree is coming along beautifully. Now, if only those hummingbirds would make an appearance.....they gladden the hearts of many. Have a sweet day, Shug. Try to stay cool. We are supposed to get a few 90s days here coming up, then back to the 80s end of August.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your flora is so different in your climate! I enjoyed seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE the banana plants. Oh, so vibrant and pretty! Butterflies are so sweet and delicate, aren't they? They are so amazing. And I LOVE hummingbirds. I put out sugar water but haven't seen too many of them lately. I wonder if they've found another feeding hole! Take care, Shug, and please, try to keep as cool as possible. Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

The Car Wash

  Life Through a Car Wash Today, of all places, I found myself thinking about life while sitting in a car wash . I had driven up onto that l...