Hmmm. what do I have to add for a post today?
Last evening, Sam and I compared our calendars. Remember when calendars were filled with vacations, dinner dates, ballgames and fun weekend plans?
Well, apparently we have entered a new season of life.
Our calendars are full alright, but mostly with doctors' appointments. 😂
In just a matter of weeks, Sam will be making the grand medical tour: the eye doctor, the eye specialist in Dallas, the endocrinologist, the lung doctor and his oncologist.
At this point, I'm beginning to wonder if there's some sort of punch card we should be carrying. You know.....like visit five specialists and get the sixth appointment FREE!!
As for me....I'll be getting a machine for sleep apnea and the grand finale is ME having the dreaded colonoscopy. Hope you all will not be to Jealous that I get to do this!!...."The Colonoscopy"
Is this what aging folks do? Compare calendars and say things like:
"Can't do Tuesday. I've got the cardiologist."
"How about Thursday?"
"Nope...Bloodwork."
"Friday?"
"Perfect! We are completely free between 10:30 and Noon."
But you know what? There is actually something pretty wonderful hidden underneath our calendar full of appointments.
We are still here to fill it!!
We are still comparing schedules, still taking care of each other....STILL LAUGHING...still making plans.
Hopefully, our next appointment will involve a waiter, a menu, and a dessert.
God is Good!!
Shug......

A good way to look at a busy calender - you're still here to fill it! That's funny about " visit five specialists and get the sixth appointment FREE" Wow what a concept! Maybe those who should be seeing the doctor would be motivated. The colonoscopy is a piece of cake. I heard all these horror stories and it wasn't that bad at all. I go back for another in 3 years.
ReplyDeleteLove your calendar graphic!
Yes! You are still here to fill those days. Loved the 10:30 to noon. OMG? Girl. You are funny!
ReplyDeleteUs too! I am always joking that Phil & I still go on dates...to the doctor! Next week we have three and our calendar is full of them. But you are right, I am so thankful that we have good doctors. I hope Sam is feeling better without so many meds now.
ReplyDeleteSending prayers for all the appointments.
ReplyDeletexo
Carla
Sounds just like our calendar, too, Shug. LOL! I love how you always look on the bright side of things and always bring out a smile in me. Just today, I have an appointment with an ENT, Danny has his physical tomorrow, and I had a root canal done last Friday. Oh, well, as you said, at least we're here to fill those calendars up. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteWow, that's one busy calendar. Ours is very boring compared to yours.
ReplyDeleteHopefully you can continue to keep your senses of humor and just laugh about those special things that are just between you two.
We are looking forward to fall and the nice weather, also looking forward to pumpkin pie and cozy dinners.
Continued prayers for both of you. Love you
Sue