Sunday, July 26, 2026

Happy Sunday Sweet Friends

Happy Sunday, Sweet Friends. ☀️


What if, before asking God for anything today, we simply thanked Him for everything?




For the prayers He answered…

For the ones He lovingly said “not yet” to…

And even for the doors He closed that we didn’t understand at the time.


I posted on Friday about our Air Conditioning not cooling.......  I was supposed to go to Dallas with Shanda and Mylee on a shopping trip that day, the very day the air quit cooling.  I have no idea what God may have been protecting us from, but all day on the Thursday before, I had an uneasy feeling about us making this trip to Dallas. When I went to bed, I asked the Lord to give me peace about it or to close the door for us going.  


Well....the air stopped cooling around 1:00 am and the very next morning we had to call for someone to come fix the air conditioning.  Not only were we not able to go to Dallas (I needed to be here for the service guy) but, the air company worked us in that morning and my air was up and running before noon.  I do believe this was a God thing.  


Looking back, there have been many times when I have been disappointed… only to discover later that God was protecting me?


Sometimes our greatest blessings are the things that never happened.


As I begin this Sunday, I don’t want to focus on what I think I am missing. I'm going to Look around at what God has already placed in my hands.


A home, my family, friends, church, a sunrise, the birds singing early this morning, and His mercies that are new every morning..


It is wonderful to realize that gratitude has a beautiful way of turning “enough” into abundance.




I am already excited about the wonderful things that God is going to put before me today. 

Have a blessed Sunday! ❤️


“Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.” — Psalm 107:1


Shug....💛

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Happy Sunday Sweet Friends

Happy Sunday, Sweet Friends. ☀️ What if, before asking God for anything today, we simply thanked Him for everything? For the prayers He ans...