This made me laugh this morning!!
I grabbed a cup this morning to start my morning coffee... You know how it is when you first get up out of bed.... eyes barely open, just needing to get some coffee in you.
It wasn't until after I joined Sam outside that I realized my cup had a popsicle on it!! It definitely is "Sweet Summertime" but I feel like a nice serving of lemonade or fruit punch might taste better in this particular cup.
Oh well....I drank my coffee and pretended that I had snowflakes on the front of my cup!! It tasted pretty GOOD!!
________
Switching Gears Here!!
So, my kiddos were in Florida all last week..
They enjoyed the beach and all of the FUN things that go along with being on vacation..in Florida.
Our family has taken many vacations to Panama City and one of our all time favorite places to eat is "Captain Anderson's."
If you are looking for GREAT Food, great service, a great atmosphere....AND the BEST desserts in Panama City, then Captain Anderson's is a must!!
Well.. Shanda, Tom and the family once again visited this awesome restaurant while they were there. Not just once....but twice!!
One of my favorite desserts from there is the coconut cream pie!!
Guess What?
They brought back a WHOLE coconut cream pie for Sam and I to enjoy!!
LOL.....we did share with Trista and others that stopped by.
We live 11 hours from PC, which is 704 miles away.
Tom and Shanda....purchased a styrofoam cooler...they froze water bottles the night before they were to head home, placed the frozen bottles in the bottom of the cooler and set the pie on top of them.
This pie....was PERFECT when it arrived here at my house!!
This is what I call LOVE.
_____
Well friends...the temps today are suppose to reach near 100 degrees. A dip in the pool will most likely happen...
NEW WEEK...NEW BLESSINGS...NEW OPPORTUNITIES!!
HAPPY MONDAY...
SHUG...


How special that Shanda and Tom took the time and effort to bring you a special treat!
ReplyDeleteLove these kids...they were so thoughtful..
DeleteThat was so sweet and thoughtful of Shanda and Tom to bring that pie to you all, Shug! My, it does look tasty. Hope you enjoy every bite of it.
ReplyDeleteCoconut Pie...love it and this one is one of the very best... So happy they thought about us and brought this pie back all 700 plus miles.. lol.
DeleteThat was so sweet of them to think of you and go through that effort. What great kids!
ReplyDeleteI thought so as well.. So thoughtful of them and I am enjoying this pie.
DeleteWhat a lovely thing to bring home for you - so thoughtful and kind.
ReplyDeleteI was so very surprised ...such a good pie..
DeleteWhat a really "sweet" (literally) surprise! Wow, that's true love to carry a pie like that all the way 700 miles, and keeping it cool enough to be perfect when it gets to you! That's really sweet. And I love your popsicle cup too! It's fun to do things different once in a while! Maybe you should've had iced coffee in that mug! LOL.
ReplyDeleteThat is LOVE ... I love that you shared your pie story with us. :-)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the pool time.
xo
Carla
Love in a styrofoam container !!!
ReplyDeleteHow awesome is that?
Weather will be in the high 90's until next Monday and then it zooms to 103F. Ugh, I'm right there with you on the sticky heat. Our poor AC goes lickety Split for hours and hours. I hate to see what our next bill will be.
Enjoy your dip in the pool.
Sue
How very, very thoughtful of your kids to bring back the pie!! And the extra effort they took to ensure it would travel well. Yes, you are right: that is LOVE!
ReplyDeleteThe pie looks so good! Nothing like the ones you find at supermarkets. It really is a pie full of love.
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful and thoughtful kiddos!! That pie looks INSANELY GOOD!! I love coconut cream too.😋 I think your mug is adorable and was perfect for some summer coffee 💗 I hope you stay cool and enjoy that dip! 💙💙💙
ReplyDeleteDear Shug, I love your blog header and background, dear friend! And the pie looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteWould you believe, we've never been to PCB. Nevertheless, you had me at coconut cream! I'm going to remember the kids' clever way of keeping that pie cool.
ReplyDeleteHow awesome that they got that pie for you. I can imagine how delicious it was.
ReplyDeleteYour popsicle cup is pretty cute.
What a wonderful thing they did! That pie looks delicious.
ReplyDeletethecontemplativecat here. wonderful time for all! 100 deg. not so much.
ReplyDeleteOh yum! What a thoughtful gift and creative way to get it to you and Sam in perfect condition. Definitely an act of love.
ReplyDeleteThat was so sweet of them! ❤️
ReplyDeleteThe delivery of that pie is priceless. How sweet :)
ReplyDeleteI am still using my Halloween mug for my morning cup of tea, I always feel that I should have hot chocolate in it.
ReplyDeleteOh wow! That pie looks amazing and how wonderful that Tom and Shanda brough you one!
What a kind gesture. That pie looks delicious.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.