Friday, July 24, 2026

AC Woes in Texas.

 Well… I woke up around 1:00 a.m. thinking, “Goodness gracious… am I having hot flashes?” 🥵🤣


Nope.


Come to find out… our air conditioner had quit working! 😳


Oh no, no, no! Texas heat and a broken air conditioner just do not go together.


By 2:30 this morning, I was seriously considering jumping in the swimming pool just to cool off. Then I remembered… I’m not a fan of creepy, crawly things that come out at night, so I quickly talked myself out of that idea! 😂


You know what? Everyone needs one of these portable air conditioners! It vents out a window and will cool a 20’ x 20’ room in no time.





This is a portable air conditioner...This thing sits on the floor just like any box fan and it really cools.  


Guess what?


We already have one! 🤦‍♀️ We bought it last year and have used it a few times.


So why didn’t we use it last night?


Because I had it packed away where it wasn’t easy to get to! It didn’t take me long early this morning to dig it out, get it hooked up, and get some cool air blowing.





I’m happy to report the service technician is here now, and it was a simple fix... $134.00 later and we have a cool house. 





Have any of y’all ever had your AC decide to quit in the middle of a Texas summer? 😅☀️


Hope you all have a COOL day!! 


Shug....🪭


22 comments:

  1. Sounds like the capacitor went out. That happened to us in May - easy and quick fix! Although jumping in the swimming pool sounds delicious to me. Stay cool, my friend. 😎

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you were taking a break, so I hadn't checked back for a while, and I didn't see you comments on some of the other blogs. I so glad you are back and glad you got your AC going again. For years we had old swamp cooler in the window that really did nothing to help, but it was good to think it was working, HaHa Thank the Lord for AC, as we don't experience Texas Hot, in So. CA. Good to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thankful our AC was fixed a few months ago. I think you got a really good deal on the fix-it. The cost could have been horrendous ... We are thankful for our fans we have strategically placed and ceiling fans too. They are life savers.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. The portable AC is a good idea.
    Our daughter and SIL had their AC go out last week in the middle of our heat wave with the heat index over 100. They had to get a whole new system...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I can't imagine how hot it is without air conditioning. Thank goodness for the portable one and getting it fixed so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have totally melted into a puddle! No pun intended, but how totally cool that you had this portable! We need to buy one as backup. And your repair bill is amazing, I have not seen a repair bill for air conditioning this low.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not know about a portable AC unit. Does it collect water and you dump it?
    Are you in the path of the storm?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that little dog in the ice. My son is having trouble of his a/c cooling the house enough, so they bought two of those machines. Expensive. Guess where they are now - in Dallas! They said it was HOT! Sandie/Chatty

    ReplyDelete
  9. No so far our AC is working great! It is getting a real work out this Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Years ago I had the same issue on a St. Louis hot and humid day, but it took about 36 hours for the problem to be resolved :-(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have had that same experience before and it is no fun. Our house is on 3 separate systems so if our main level goes out we can either live upstairs or in the addition to the house. The sleeping situation would not be the same but we would at least be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’m glad you could get it fixed so fast. And that you have the portable one for emergencies. I’ll have to look that up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well Pennsylvania summers are quite a bit milder than Texas so I've never had that problem. I don't even have AC any more. I woke up the last two mornings to really cool temps. It was 53 Thursday and 49 on Friday when I got up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have our heating and air system checked out twice a year just to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen, Shug, but having that portable a/c is such a great idea. So glad the tech could fix yours and for such a low cost. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whew! I'm so glad y'all dodged that bullet.
    Our pup's groomer has one of those portable A/C units that I'm coveting. Even tho' our system's checked semi-annually, the thought of an outage keeps my anxiety level at red.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's one experience I am thankful to be able to say I have never had. :) My father-in-law had one of the portable air conditioners when he was living and it really did work well. Glad that you were able to dig yours out to help cool things off until the technician could get there and fix your main unit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yep...and during hurricane season too...well, now we have a whole house generator/Generac, so...keeping you all in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  18. One of those portable air conditioners looks like a good thing to have for a backup. Bet you were happy you had one you could use until the tech got there.

    ReplyDelete
  19. ours quit 5 years ago, and was dead as in really dead. they did not have one to fit where the old one was, we had to wait 8 days for it to come. We bought, the one you have and used it and made it through. Its packed in the closet for what if it happens again. they are a wonder

    ReplyDelete
  20. I try to 'keep my cool' all the time, but getting overheated does tend to "test my holiness," so to speak. I'm glad your AC is fixed and that you had a portable unit to help you survive in the interim.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So sorry you had these troubles! I am glad it was an easy fix, though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

3 days left

 🍂 Well, August… You’ve Got 3 Days Left! ☀️ Can you believe it? Only THREE days left in August! Seriously, August, didn’t you just get her...