A wonderful friend brought me...Not only one...but a full dozen of these beauties! Oh Wow...how this made my day.
Do you all have a list of favorite bloggers you love reading? The kind you look forward to checking in on with your morning coffee? The ones whose writing style feels like a conversation with an old friend? I would honestly love to know who inspires you. Between life, responsibilities, and trying to keep up with my own blog, I rarely take the time to wander around and discover new spaces online. I hardly ever make it to "blog hops" or "weekly link parties"... even though I know there are so many creative voices out there waiting to be discovered.
And can we talk about blogging fog for a minute?
Please tell me I’m not alone in this. I feel like I may be standing right in the middle of it lately. You know the feeling… sitting down to write and wondering if you’ve already talked about the same subjects a hundred different ways. Wondering if readers are tired of hearing about your flowers, decorating projects, coffee thoughts, memories, or everyday life moments. I never want to bore any of you, and yet blogging comes from our real lives… and real life naturally circles back around to the things we love most.
The truth is, blogging isn’t always about creating something brand new and groundbreaking every single day. Sometimes it’s simply about connection. Familiarity. Comfort. A place where people gather because they enjoy your heart more than the topic itself.
Maybe blogging fog is just a gentle reminder that we need inspiration again. Maybe we need to explore new blogs, try a different writing style, take more photos, journal fresh ideas, or simply allow ourselves grace during quieter creative seasons.
One thing I do know is this — I’m thankful for all of you who continue showing up here. Even on the days I feel repetitive, uninspired, or unsure of what to write, your presence reminds me why I started blogging in the first place.
Now tell me… Do you have a list of bloggers who inspire you? My list is on my side bar!! And... have you ever experienced blogging fog too?
Happy Monday and to a day that is full of laundry, cleaning house, and all kinds of normal chores..
Shug.....💟
Beautiful roses and what a nice surprise.
ReplyDeleteI used to search out new blogs to follow but the longer I stuck with it, it got to be too much. I love coming across new ones but these days I wait till someone comments and then I'll return the visit. I admit there are some that I just can't get interested in and I don't follow them. THere has to be some connection there. I have to either like the blog content or the blogger themself has a welcoming personality. In your case, both applies.
I enjoy searching new blogs, but I just don't really have time to do it like I would like. I agree...I need to feel a connection with what interest me. I have the best blogging friends around and I am so very thankful for each of you.
DeleteWell, I think a lot of bloggers try to do something fabulous to keep the blog alive, but for me, it's all about a cozy home, happenings of my life (whether it's a fun trip or a visit with a neighbor), grandgirls, food, my love for the Holy family, and nature, always nature. ; ) I often share more photos than words, just cause I love taking pictures, and I don't want my posts to be too long winded with just words. I love blogs that shows snippets of the home. One of the very first blogs I came across was Daisy Cottage, and Kim not only showed her home, but was a great photographer with nature. So, she actually inspired me and the girls to start a blog of our own. Also, I talk about a variety of things. Many focus on just one thing - family or travel or home or decorating or other things that interest them, but I usually post about them all, and sometimes even things that are on my mind. So, I don't worry too much about the feedback, I just share my world, and I appreciate all my blog friends who listen and join me in my journey.
ReplyDeleteWell, I hope this helps some, and you happen to be one of those who inspire me too, Shug. Coming here and visiting always makes my heart smile.
Awe....you are so sweet Sheri. I am definitely a family person and it thrills me to have friends who think that family is so very important. I just got a new camera, so I am looking forward to being able to start taking pictures of things that interest me. Sometimes, my phone camera just doesn't capture the beauty of what my eyes are seeing. I so enjoy positive post and this is what I feel each time I visit you.
DeleteOooops, I meant Dear Daisy Cottage. ; )
DeleteMy blog is more a journal about life here on my small plot of earth. It is repetitive, but I feel like it's the natural cycle I live in. I have blog fog all of the time! lol
ReplyDeleteAnd I so enjoy your blog Michelle. I enjoy Thankful Thursday..it always gives me reasons to focus on the things I am truly thankful for.
DeleteI agree with you Marie. I so enjoy the connections that I have with my list of blogging friends. another thing I enjoy is that we all live in different parts of the Country and get to experience what life is like in other areas. And I am so happy to have found your blog and to enjoy the friendship that we have.
ReplyDeleteShug, YOU are truly my inspiration, and I feel like I really know you. Your posts are always either informative, uplifting, or just plain sweet. Whatever it is you post about, I always look forward to visiting you. And today you got the Yellow Rose Of Texas!! Remember that song?
ReplyDeleteThank you Ginny... I feel the same towards you. I know that you are a friend that I can depend on...someone who I've shared many post with and visa versa. I've watched the girls (your beautiful grands) grow in life and I've enjoyed the encouragement that you always leave your friends with each and every quote. Thanks for always being a great freind.
DeleteHey Shug! I've never had blogger fog. Great name though. Love coming to your blog. You've got sparkle! Wishing you a great new week of sparkleeee goodness.
ReplyDeleteI can tell you Ivy.. You inspire me with all of your energy. I think it flows right through the computer, straight into my home..
DeleteOMG. That is so sweet. You made my morning. Thank you.
DeleteHello Shug, I'm mostly a lurker because I don't feel like I have interesting comments to make, sigh. But I've been reading your blog for a good while now and appreciate you so much: your creative way of approaching life, your wonderful warmth, your strong faith, your steadfast carrying on even through some pretty difficult situations. I pray for you and Sam. Keep writing and I so agree about the wonderful familiarity and comfort of a blog post, even if it circles back to familiar topics! : - )
ReplyDeleteBecky in NM
Becky, thank you for your kind words and thank you for each and every prayer. I appreciate you for visiting and for this comment. May you be blessed
DeleteThat rose is as gorgeous as your heart and presence is here in Blogland, Shug! I, for one, am always inspired by the folks like you that can easily blog at the drop of a hat. Perhaps, it's my blog's format that constrains me, but how and why I came upon my theme for my communication with others is definitely inspired by the Lord. Who am I to change a good thing that He has begun in me? Blessings!
ReplyDeleteThe wonderful color of the rose... it's hard to get, but I love red, orange colors and those red-yellow ones... they are as delicate as the rose itself.
ReplyDeleteHug!
"Sometimes it’s simply about connection. Familiarity. Comfort. A place where people gather because they enjoy your heart more than the topic itself." Amen to that! I love your posts and look forward to them. ❤️
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous yellow rose! And to think you have a whole dozen of them! That friend is a keeper! And yes, "blog fog" is a real thing, and I think we all go through it from time to time. Sometimes our lives become so complicated or maybe just humdrum, and we can't seem to get up the energy to tackle something new and fresh and wonderful to say every day (or so). And I especially have a difficult time keeping up with my dear blogging friends, whom I love dearly, but some days I just can't get around to visit because LIFE gets in the way. I think we all have that issue from time to time, and we need to be patient and loving and kind to one another. Pray for each other when we don't see them posting often, and encourage each other whenever we can. I love our blogging community, and sometimes I do see new faces commenting on other people's blogs, and I think, "That person sounds like a wonderful person to meet", and so I may venture forth and go visit them at their blog. Sometimes we connect, and sometimes we don't. And that's okay. I'm just so thankful for the friends we have made here, and yes, it is a special connection that I highly treasure. Thank you for being one of these special friends. And I know you have a full plate these days, so no need to apologize to us. Just do what you need to do, and write when you can. We love you!
ReplyDeleteThat rose is beautiful and what a lovely gift from your friend.
ReplyDeleteYes, I have a list of favourite bloggers which I read whenever the post something new and you have made it onto that list. Over the last couple of years I have discovered so many new to me blogs through link parties which I am so glad about.
A long time ago Blogger used to have a 'next blog' link that would send you to something new. Although many of them were in a different language or had been inactive for a long time I found some I still follow to this day.
ReplyDeleteNow, like others I wait until someone comments on one of my posts.
Yes! I forgot all about that "Next Blog" link!
DeleteOh, yes. Yes! My circle may be smaller than some ... but every since one feels like a family member. Like the proverbial train ride, some have deboarded -- either by their own volition or by circumstances unknown. Others have climbed aboard. I'm so grateful you're on the same set of tracks! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteHello, my dear friend. I am so thankful I found you here. You are such a bright light and an inspiration. I love reading about how my blog friends spend their days. I look forward to the "ordinary" I suppose, because reading the blog posts is like having a phone conversation or coffee on the porch together. Does that make any sense?? Thank you for this post. Enjoy the beautiful flowers!
ReplyDeleteI am glad to hear that all went well for you. I enjoy the varied and different blogs I follow, and sometimes find new ones by following other bloggers' followers. What may be ordinary or even dull for some is a source of inspiration and interest to me. Some bloggers recount their days, as for a journal, while others 'think aloud.' All are interesting and worthwhile.
ReplyDeleteHi my dear,
ReplyDeleteMy computer was down yesterday, so I am visiting today.
I love my blog friends. I have been blogging since 2012 and so many of my blog buddies have been with me from the start.
I follow all sorts of blogs, gardening, life, crafts and travel.
Have a blessed day!
It is HOT here, and I think I could have some of your sweet tea. We are currently at 87 degrees. A heat wave for Wisco.
You, my Dear Friend, I count as special. I love your writing style. It is so real, intimate, witty and many times so profound. I am so glad I found you.
ReplyDeleteIts funny, Dave and I were just talking this morning about blogging and the bloggers I have lost over the years from 2005 to now and those newer friends that I savor reading every time they post. I love how we are a community and there are many like minded thoughts and oh, the photos ... I adore seeing what others post about their "World"
Yes, Blog Fog is real ... I seem to be suffering from it right now. Sometimes what someone else has posted gives me a Poke to write about it from my perspective.
Love your yellow rose. If I had one I would send it to you too.
(((hugs)))
Sue
Yellow roses were my mother's favorite flowers. How thoughtful of your friend to bring you a dozen of them.
ReplyDeleteYes! I do have folks who I love to visit with mostly every day. On my sidebar there is a link that says Place I enjoy visiting. If you click on that you will see my list. :) YOU always inspire me!
Hi dear Shug, what gorious yellow roses!!! I also love your blog header! I do have some bloggers who inspire me....you are definitely one, dear friend!!! :) I don't participate in blog hops or linky things, because I prefer to post stuff that I want to share, not having to follow a specific theme on certain days, etc.
ReplyDeleteI don't think I have experienced blog fog...but I understand that some do for various reasons. Losing a loved one, going through anxiety, depression or any physical health issues.
In fact, I know of a few bloggers that stopped blogging permanently because of the loss of a loved one or some crisis, trauma or health issues they have experienced that made them lose their enthusiasm for blogging.
Sorry about my typo. LOL! I mean glorious, not gorious. :)
DeleteThis is my second comment because I've been thinking of you a lot. Please never worry if you are repeating yourself -- it's your presence that we care about, not the topic.
ReplyDeleteShug, this post hits home this week. I've had a lot on my mind, but not sure how to make it interesting to anyone else, so I just haven't written anything yet. But my philosophy about blogging is to find a core group that inspire you and then visit other people as they visit you. Or sometimes I will read comments on other blogs and check out people that way. One of the things I look for in creating a group of favorites is shared communication. If I'm always visiting and commenting, but there's no reciprocation, I will probably not continue visiting that person's blog, just because I'm here to make connections and I want to invest time into people who feel the same. I like when bloggers list their "friends" on the sidebar so we can all visit other people. And you know you're on my favorites list :)
ReplyDeleteSometimes I feel a bit repetitive also but such is life. I also enjoy your blog:)
ReplyDeleteThat is such a thoughtful post, and the yellow roses are absolutely a beautiful gift. There is something especially uplifting about receiving flowers like that unexpectedly; they brighten a space in a way few other things can. Wishing you a gentle week ahead, with renewed inspiration arriving in its own time.
ReplyDeleteFriends and the connections I've made through blogging has been the very part! I started in 2013 and made a ton of friends that I still speak to on an almost daily basis. Some I've even met in person. It's been a wonderful gift and one I'm so very grateful for every single day! Great post!! xo
ReplyDeleteI've met a few bloggers in person. It's been fun. Some have stopped due to health, or time, or...
ReplyDeleteI don't have friends around here. I am not good with people, really. I do like knowing what people are going through.
"Sometimes it’s simply about connection. Familiarity. Comfort. " Well said!
Those yellow roses really are beautiful. What a special gift.
ReplyDeleteI do have a group of favorite blog friends who inspire and encourage me, who I feel a connection with, and whose posts I look forward to reading, and you are one of them.