Saturday, June 13, 2026

.Another Quiet Saturday

 It's going to be another quiet Saturday around this place...Why?  The heat and the humidity has been playing havoc on our area this past week. It's best to stay indoors, maybe catch up on some TV programming......and drink plenty of fluids...

Speaking of fluids...I drank plenty of them yesterday....  A stomach bug snuck through our door and it landed on me!! 

Have you ever tried to take an Imodium tablet out of it's sealed package? It is almost near impossible without using some kind of scissors or such, and it is especially difficult when you are weak.  ....................

In other news: The Midland, Texas shooting!!  I made necessary phone calls checking on all of my babies who live in the Midland-Odessa area. I needed to hear their voices and to know they were safe.  

My heart aches for the families whose loved ones were injured and for the one family whose loved one died.  I continue to pray for their comfort and healing for everyone affected by this tragedy. 

.....................


This is a beautiful sight.....Grandson and great granddaughter fishing for trout...

Happy Weekend and Happy Thoughts:


Shug....


23 comments:

  1. Shug, I didn't hear about that, I'm so sorry to hear this. And even scarier when you have family that lives near the area. I love that picture of your grandson fishing with the little one. That is beautiful, and so meaningful. I think I would frame that one. I hope you feel better. Yes, these bugs creep in and sometimes they choose us, ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((( Hugs))))
    Oh Shug, I do hope you get your strength back and that tummy issue is gone ASAP !
    Why oh why do they make the meds in such impossible containers that we get worse before we can get some relief? Its the most frustrating thing EVER ...
    Adore the photo of your Grandson and Great Granddaughter. What a precious picture. It needs to be framed.
    So much sorrow in this nation of ours. I am glad your family is safe and praying for all those involved.
    (((hugs)))
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gurl, I'm so sorry you've been laid low by that bug. And yes, the pills I take for bone density are the same ... I have to use my manicure scissors and hope it doesn't jump out onto the floor.
    Yesterday's tragedy in Midland feels like Satan's roaming freely, taking names. Good thing we've a bigger and better Savior!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sad about the shootings. Hope your stomach feels all the way better soon. tummy bugs are no joke.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having spent many years living along Colorado's Front Range with my late fly-fisherman husband, I can't help but wonder if your grandson and his daughter are fishing in the Rockies. Beautiful setting. Where my husband liked to fish, it was "catch-and-release," so in stead of bringing home supper in his creel, we would stop at a Cracker Barrel restaurant alongside I-25 and order trout off the menu! Ha-ha! I hope your stomach bug is gone now, and that nobody else caught it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! I have had lots of experience with Imodium. They package it like it was gold nuggets! And stomach virus makes you so weak! The worst is when you have to keep getting up at night. You are doing the right thing, plenty of fluids. Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a heartwarming picture! That's so sad about the shooting, and hope you start feeling better soon. Much love. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a sweet photo. I heard about the shooting and it is horrible. What else can one say. These things continue to happen around our country. Please feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That photo of your Grandson and great granddaughter is GORGEOUS! I am so sorry you got the bug - Mackenzie did too - her first illness.
    I am sorry about the shooting the world is crazy.
    Feel better and stay in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH, I am so sorry you had the tummy bug. That is never any fun, and then to add insult to injury by making the medicine so difficult to open...why DO they do that? I guess to keep it out of the wrong little hands, but still...it's crazy. That and the child proof pill bottles. I hope you are feeling better by now. I love the picture of your grandson and his daughter fishing. That is so precious. I guess I missed the news about the shooting in TX. We keep hearing about that one where the boy stabbed the other boy at the track meet, etc., and how people are reacting to his sentence. Just crazy. The world's going crazy and so many still don't know Jesus. We just have to keep praying and spreading the good news wherever we can. I'm glad your family members were all safe and accounted for. And yes, stay inside during this heat. It's been so hot and sultry here, but praise God! It's raining right now! That's such good news to my ears!! Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had the same issue with an Imodium just the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear you caught a bug. These days just about any packaging has become hard to open. Arthritis is my hands has made it difficult.
    So sad about the shooting. Prayers for all involved.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry that you were under the weather, Shug, but glad that you're feeling better now. Yes, that shooting was/is horrific and my heart goes out to those who were injured or lost a loved one. Such a sweet photo of your your grandson and great-granddaughter! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying for your good health and all your family.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nothing wrong with a quiet day now and then. But the humidity, heat and stomach issues.... ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So nice to get out in nature. We are staying put today, what with a massive storm going by.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet picture of your grandson and great-granddaughter fishing. A precious memory for sure.
    Hope your tummy feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you feel better! I had not heard of the shootings ...so sad:(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Shug. I'm so sorry the bug got to you. Hopefully, you feel a LOT better today. May the Lord bless you and Sam. Thanks so much for visitng my blog and commenting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Praying for you and your husband.God Bless you both.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  21. I thought of you and wondered if it was close to you when I saw the shooting on the news. I am so glad you are all safe. I am glad the pills are not causing problems for Sam, my brother takes them and he is ok the first day and tired for 2 days after that but then able to function the rest of the time until another pill.
    sorry about that stomach bug, that is my worst thing to get. anything involving nausea.. and yes, getting anything out of those pill packages is crazy, Bob's old hearing batteries made me cry when I had to cut them open for him with scissors. now he has rechargable aids. woo hoo he had good blood lab report, his cholesterol dropped a lot and negative on diabetes test. now if he could just walk and REMEMBER things.. baby steps and he is so much better than he was 15 months ago

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello dear Friend. Prayers for fast healing up from your belly bug. Yuck - that is never fun. Praying for TX too. 🙏🏻 That photo is precious. Blessings on your week ahead. 💗

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am praying for Sam.
    And for you.
    I love the fishing photo. Did they catch any fish?
    xo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Saturday Accomplishments

  Happy Sunday, friends! Yesterday morning, Trista and I made an early trip to Hobby Lobby, arriving just after the doors opened. Wow…I felt...