Tuesday, April 1, 2025

A skunk..


Oh what a morning it has already been!




...I walked out onto the back patio early this morning, coffee in hand, ready to enjoy the peaceful sound of birds and maybe dip a toe in the the pool.  BUT....Oh my goodness...what do I see? 
Standing in our backyard was something that I've never seen around here, but have definitely smelled......A SKUNK!
I froze!! wasn't sure whether to scream or throw my coffee cup at it.  
After a moment of panic, I did what any logical person would do...I slowly backed away and yelled for Sam.
I'm thinking...How did this thing get in our back yard? 



You can't shoot guns in the city, so I didn't know what we were going to do.  Call the police? Just hope it goes away? 

Sam came up with the idea of trying to capture it by using his stun gun. 
YEP!!
It sprayed.... and Sam now smells like a SKUNK! 
He sure wasn't going to come in this house, so he jumped in the pool.  Oh goodness, what a morning!!

Okay, Okay, 


APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!




No skunks. No tail-fluffing. Please tell me that I got someone or did you immediately think April Fools? 

I hope your day is filled with smiles and absolutely NO REAL SKUNKS!!
But, just in case, you might want to peek before stepping outside.  



"April: is when your flip-flops, your rain boots and your snow shovel all hang out together like it's normal."

Happy Month of April my dear friends..

Shug.
















 

18 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Ok Shug, I was intensely reading along your story, and wondering what happened next. I couldn't imagine all the chaos with the skunk! You totally got me. But I have to say that I am distracted with so many other things with my trip haha. That April quote is so true about the flip flops, rain boots, and shovel. Happy 1st day of April, Shug. What a pretty pink blossom that is.

~Sheri

Chatty Crone said...

To be honest I was suspecting it was a joke - but what a good joke. I knew you wouldn't use a stun gun for sure.
I am so glad that it is April. March for me was way too long.

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

I kinda sorta was believing it until you said Sam used a stun gun. 🤣 a Good one though. Come on visit my blog - some terrible frightening news…

Mevely317 said...

Got me! (lololol)
Happy April, my friend!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Yep! You got me, too, Shug. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

You certainly got me because I was reading it word for word out loud to my husband and we just knew that he was going to get sprayed if he used the stun gun and then when I saw the words I said oh it's a April Fool's joke but I did think it was real mainly because you had a picture of a skunk and it could happen but then I'm sure you probably don't have a stun gun now that I think of it

Anonymous said...

Above is mad snapper I'm on my phone not the computer

photowannabe said...

HaHaHaHa...you got me good !!!
Too funny..Love it
Sue

Mari said...

Ha! You got me!

CheerfulMonk said...

A good story!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I TOTALLY believed this, and was on the edge of my seat!! You are a very good tale spinner, Shug! And this is the most fun April Fool I have ever read! I am still laughing! I was even looking at the photo wondering if it was from the web or if you had snapped the skunk with your phone!!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Haha!! Love this and totally fell for it. But I'm always gullible. You're a hoot Lady and I love it! xo

Dianna said...

I have to confess that you got me! Here I was thinking, "Oh poor Shug...and then Poor Sam!" And then I scrolled a little further and realized I'd been "had". lol Love your sense of humor, my friend. xx

Sandi said...

You got me! Glad it was an April Fool's.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Haha, you got me.
I forgot it was April Fool's Day today.

Ann said...

LOL, you got me and I confess I was laughing at Sam's misfortune.

Kathy G said...

Since I had read your comment to Debby@My Shasta Home already I knew the ending to the story....but I still had trouble believing that Sam would even know how to use a stun gun.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I was thinking oh no not a skunk...I hate them...so you got me. Stun gun ...:)

The Kitchen.. the heart of the Home

  The Kitchen Really Is the Heart of the Home ❤️ I’ve always loved the saying “The kitchen is the heart of the home.” And I think there’s a...