Monday, July 8, 2024

Monday News

Hurricane Beryl.....

The rain and wind bands from Hurricane Beryl hit our area around 3:00 PM today..

Lots of Blowing rain and lots of wind.  And..LOTS of tornado warnings all around us. Currently 8 tornado warnings on the map.  





I'm not sad about getting the rain, but I'm not a fan of the winds.  They can be so damaging. 






I have spent the day organizing my office files (again) and making sure that I can place my hands on any file or paper work that I might need.  



Even though I do use my computer files for many things, I still have a lot of old school in me, and I want to be able to put my hands on all the important papers I might need.  


I have also done what seems to be tons of laundry today.  When you have a pool, there is always lots of towels, swim suits and yes, sometimes clothes that my crew forgets to take home.  And..I also had my regular laundry to do...  



Sam and I have been watching a Netflix series..."Designated Survivor."  A lot of suspense! The story involves the dealings of running the government and Whitehouse.   LOTS of issues. Good Grief!! I would hope that this is NOT how our government runs. There are things that happen in this show that makes one wonder what is truth and what is not, in the real world.   What gets hidden from the people and tax payers?  Does Power rule? 

Who is really Trust worthy?

    


 
 It seems like a clean (as in language and R ratings) series. I will say though, it is a little exhausting watching it.     
 




I have a pan of homemade enchiladas cooking in the oven.  Rain calls for something comforting to eat.  Enchiladas sounded great.  


Tomorrow is the big day for our newest member of the family to arrive.  We are all so very EXCITED!  Hopefully, by this time tomorrow afternoon, (William Ty) will have made his entrance into this world.  Prayers please for an easy delivery and a healthy baby and mom.  


Both, our grandson and our grand-daughter-in-law had childhood cancers.  Tucker was diagnosed with Leukemia when he was 8 and Emily had kidney cancer when she was 5. She now has only one kidney.  The same doctor treated both, Tucker and Emily, at Children's hospital.  Our families knew of each other and saw each other numerous times at the hospital, as Tucker and Emily would sometimes have their chemo treatments on the same day. BUT... who would have guessed that the two would later marry??  They were hesitant about having children, but they are trusting God for a very Healthy Baby Boy.  



Today has been a NO MAKEUP, low key kind of day. Everyone deserves one of these type of days....every now and then!


Happy Monday Friends...

shug....🎉


   



5 comments:

  1. Hi Shug~ I do hope you are safe and don't get any damage from the winds and rain. We don't get tornados, but we have had damaging winds all summer. Wind and hot weather don't go well together. Congrats to Tucker and Emily! I will be praying for them and their sweet baby, William Ty. What a story! And, what a love story. I loved reading about it...God is sooo good! Your enchiladas look amazing! Nothing better than comfort food on a stormy day. Yes, I do believe our government is totally messed up. I have to stay completely out of politics or I get very stressed out. I think the only thing that will save us at this point is the Savior. Keep those feet up, Shug, you deserve it!! I'm watching three of my grands and one sweet old (15 years) dog. Along with my puppy it keeps me busy! Have a safe day, Shug. Hugs and Love, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is an amazing story about how your grandson and his wife met and eventually married. Trusting God is everything. It’s nice to see young people with a solid faith. Not to mention family support.
    Meanwhile you all are preparing for the newest member of your family. How fun for you all. Baby William is blessed to be in such a loving, family.
    I’m excited for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shug, I am so sorry your grandson and grand daughter-in-law had these illnesses. I do hope all goes well tomorrow with her delivery. I just said a prayer. I'm glad you got rain, but I hope no tornadoes show up in your area. So good of you to organize your office and files. I've been trying to do that lately too. There's some papers that we just have to keep, right? And then others, we can let go, and happy to do so. Your enchiladas look delicious. Yes, comfort food. And I love that last picture. You seem so relaxed on the couch. Take care, Shug, and keep us updated on the weather. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for a healthy baby! How exciting to have a new family member! Good to hear you survived the storm. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying... thank you for sharing the story about your grandson and grand daughter in law. WOW... it is a love story indeed. I am sending big prayers for your family. Cannot wait to meet the new little one.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

First Week of October

  My first week of October has been a bit difficult, but how could I even bother to complain, knowing all of the devastation over in the Ash...