Thursday, June 6, 2024

STORMS In TEXAS

 Taking a small break from my vacation post #3 to post storm pictures from our area.  Many areas have had no power for a week or so.  Our home has had power, but no WIFI. 


The devastation has been terrible....I took some notes as I traveled down the highways...I'll share these with you..

















Several homes have multiple trees that fell through the roofs.  Thankfully, no one was injured.  Power lines are down everywhere.

The Storms have continued coming for weeks now.  This is not the result of one storm...we have been hit what seems like night after night.   Hard rains, High winds!  Yesterday while I was coming home from an appointment, I witnessed several wrecks...
Many of the red lights are out and for some reason, people do not know the importance of making these red lights a four way stop when the lights are not working.  Some of them just go through the lights without stopping.  NOT GOOD.  
I am honestly a bit scared to drive down some of the roads for fear of a tree falling.  We love our BIG trees here in East Texas, but this is a huge danger when we have had weather like we have had the past month or so.   
No rain is expected today....so maybe we will get a break and the workers can get the power back up and going.   
Prayers are needed for East Texas!!

๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚

Birthday Wishes for our youngest Daughter, Shanda.....
She is 47 today!!  Doesn't look a day over 29!





Shug...




4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I hardly know what to say! This is awful! I hope you are really careful and stay safe. Just because the wind is over does not mean that trees can't still slowly fall! You did great with all your documentation! We watch the news all the time when we are home, and have not seen this at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! Sending prayers... and please give us an update as the crews clean up.
    The saddest is reading about the loss of life. Linemen are so important and so few are out there. I know there is a shortage here of linemen in Wisconsin.
    SENDING lots of prayers for safety for the crews.

    Happy Birthday to your daughter. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Shug, I'm so sorry to hear about the old man who died and his wife who is injured. Also, for the two Linemen, that's terrible. You took some nice pictures showing the storms and the trees that are down. I can't believe they have fallen when they are so old and secure. Be careful while driving, and I hope no damage comes to your home or family.

    Happy Birthday to your daughter!

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad to lose such mature trees. That is lots of water. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Big Tex- Texas State Fair

   Today was the opening day for the        ***** TEXAS STATE FAIR ***** Texas State Fair first opened in 1886. Big Texas 2024.    Big Tex s...