Saturday, December 16, 2023

Emotional Memories.

 As I write this post, I am thinking about  emotional memories from my childhood days.  Holidays really seem to trigger the sentimental happiness that I had as a child growing up.  

It has always been my goal to create lasting and meaningful memories for my daughters and my grandkids.  I want them to experience the joy that I had growing up.



One lasting memory for me is my Mom's gumdrop trees!  Every single Christmas, my mother would cut thorn limbs from a tree, paint them (sometimes add glitter) and then decorate them with gumdrops!  
She would carefully place the tree limbs in a decorative pot and add plaster of Paris in order to secure the branches.  


The memories of this tradition not only comes from the tree itself, but from the joy my mom had in making it.  My sister, my brothers and I would all rush to pick our favorite flavor of gumdrops, off of the tree.  Mom was constantly replacing the ones that we had eaten.  

My oldest grandson face timed me last night and he was so excited......He and my precious great grands, had made a gumdrop tree of their own.  
Just a bit blurry as I snapped this picture from our face time visit.

This truly made me happy and filled my heart with love.  
A tradition passed down that I hope his kids will cherish.  

Emotional memories for me are timeless treasures that I want to hold dear for the rest of my life.  
These moments are captured in my heart and have certainly brought me tons of happiness over the years.  

Don't be afraid to create loving memories that will past down from generations to come.  

shug.... 💕




3 comments:

  1. Your family tradition of gumdrop trees is new to me, and wonderful. Edible in part too. Fun that now your great grands are making gumdrop trees, I think that is five generations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! No pun intended. :)

    I have never seen a gumdrop tree. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I remember the gumdrop trees. I had an aunt that made one every Christmas. Too late this year but hopefully next year I can make one. That would be fun. Thank you for the memory. Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Being a Caretaker.

Being a caretaker can sometimes be very tiring, especially for someone my age.   I have talked about my niece Tammy,  several times here on ...