Wednesday, August 4, 2021

 H E L L O!!!


Hey Blogging friends.....👋👋👋👋.  I know I have been missing in action and I have missed all of you very much.


I have had a super busy Summer.   Spent a few days in Jamaica during the month of May.  Our grandson and his bride had a beautiful wedding, at a gorgeous resort, in Jamaica.  


Mine and Sam's room just happened to be on the 3rd floor and there were NO ELEVATORS.  This was quite difficult, but I really wasn't sure why.   We eventually moved down to the first floor.   


I knew that I didn't feel great, but wasn't sure why.   Well, I found out a few weeks later.  I had a nuclear stress test done and guess what?  It came out great!!!!!!!!


However, a week later, my jaws were hurting and aching so bad.   So bad that I couldn't keep from crying.  Long story short...I called my doctor and he immediately sent me to my cardiologist.  While having a heart Cath, it was discovered that one of my main arteries was almost completely blocked and the back side of the blood flow, my artery was collapsed. 


The Dr. put a stent in and started me on a blood thinner.  He was very surprised that I had not already had a heart attack.  I am extremely thankful that I didn't and extremely thankful that I didn't have one in Jamaica!!!!   I strongly questioned how it was possible for the nuclear stress test to come out good.  Seems that in about 10 percent of people, these test do not show accurate results...   Wouldn't you know it, I am in the 10 percent!!


With my Doctor's permission, Sam and I, plus our youngest daughter (Shanda) her husband (Tom) and Mylee Jo, flew to Colorado.  We spent a week there, traveling from Denver to Colorado Springs and back to Denver.  We also went to Estes Park, Breckenridge and Boulder.  


We saw the most beautiful mountains and all of the scenery was more awesome than what I remembered from past visits.  We rode to the top of pikes peak on the cog train. (Gorgeous scenery) And we traveled many of the back roads.  We saw some elk, a moose and a big horned sheep.  I must add, the water falls and the rivers were amazingly beautiful.  


It has been a great summer despite just a few setbacks.


                          ~~~~~~~~~~


And now, for my Beautiful header picture.  This is Lucy and she belongs to Shanda.  



 

        Lucy has thoroughly enjoyed the pool this Summer!   I think she thinks she's human!!




Just a short story about Lucy.  Shanda and the family were looking for a Dachshund puppy, so they went to a local shelter to find one.   Sure they said.."we have a dachshund puppy."


They adopted Lucy......and a month later, they realized that Lucy was NOT a dachshund!!  This dog has grown and is now A Big dog!  Shanda had a DNA test done and turns out that Lucy is mostly a doberman.  She does have some lab and a small amount of beagle in her.  


So.....what all has been happening with the rest of you this Summer...??


Until Later...

Shug


5 comments:

  1. Oh SHUG!!! How frightening!! But it turned out so well, thanking God for this. And I am so glad you bounced back wonderfully and were even able to continue your fun summer travel!! You are a strong lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the coat of the dog, the coat's colors and patterns is unusual and not common in any of the breeds you mention. Could there be some Blue Heeler? Thank goodness you got the right medical treatment, and that your time in Jamaica was healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God you are doing better now. Sounds like you have been able to enjoy some precious family time. My summer so far has revolved around repainting the house and putting in new flooring.All done by my son.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that the hands of God were with you.
    Sounds like the Dr's have you on a great road
    in the right direction,
    Your summer sounds great otherwise.

    We have had a good one also. It has been goood to see lots of the family plus some friends. Mr. Ken's birthday is Sunday so we'll be
    busy birthday this weekend. Monday I am back to school.
    Where has the summer gone?

    Take good care of yourself!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I am so happy you are well. And goodness, I am glad you where well during your time in Jamaica. God is Good in protecting you!
    I enjoyed hearing about your summer travels, we too have enjoyed summer, it is flying by so fast.
    I loved the dog story!! Thank you for sharing. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Fun with Old Photos

  Fun with Old Photos.... What do you do on yet another RAINY day?  You look at Old photos! We have had rain all day and with it being Satur...