Saturday, March 20, 2021

 Spring Break ...... and WinterStorm              

                 Update!!


Let me start with the "Winter Storm Update."

I'm very SAD 😓 to report that ALL of our shrubs died due to the 1 degree temps that we had for a full week.  My flower beds are EMPTY!!   Everything is gone!

You know what though?  I'm not going to worry about it.  Just gonna plant some grasses and flowers for this year.  Maybe next Fall or even Spring of 22, we will decide to replace all the shrubs.  

The trees still look bad, but we can see some buds coming on, so hopefully they will be ok.   It was a very bad Winter storm for Texas!!!!!


Spring Break was this past week and I don't know how it always goes by so fast.  Probably  because we are always so Busy.  Trista and Tori flew out to visit with Tyler and his family for a few days..


Keelen was able to celebrate his Birthday while his "Tweety" aka..Trista was there.


Emersyn....enjoying the beach while her "Tweety and aunt Tori" were out in California...


                            Tweety and Emersyn

     

Aunt Tori and Keelen enjoying the BEACH!

Back home in Texas....Shanda, Mylee and I shopped for her outfit for a school dance.   So Cute!!!!


These two.....lol.   Shanda and Mylee playing around while we were shopping for a "Mother of the Groom" dress for Trista. 


She did not choose this dress....but it really was one of my favorites.   She did find a dress that is beautiful as well.



Spent time during Spring Break getting the Pool ready for Swimming season.  Actually....Mylee did go swimming one of the days.  The pool was very cold, but she stayed in for about 45 min.  Yikes!!


Did I mention we spent a lot of time CLEANING out Flower Beds during Spring Break??  Oh my aching back!!


WE all had a great week....just like we always do!! 

Hope your Spring Break was just as productive as ours was and that you enjoyed every minute of it...


Hugs,

Shug


4 comments:

  1. I am in love with the photo of Emersyn on the beach! So sorry about your plants, poor Texas this year! Your header is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures of your family. i'm glad you get too make memories together with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing pictures of your family, Shug. No spring break here until the first full week of April. Whew! I am ready for one now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shug!

    Oh my goodness, losing all the shrubs and some of your trees had to be so terrible! I feel so sorry for all who lost so much during that storm. You really have a great attitude, though, and I have actually noticed that about all of my friends in the South who lost things to that snow storm...it's all about attitude!

    Your family is beautiful!! Your daughters and granddaughters remind me so much of you!! Isn't it funny how some of those genes just carry through that family...all of you are gorgeous! The dress was beautiful, but I'm sure the one she bought was stunning!

    It is full blown spring break here in Idaho. We just brought two of my little grands home yesterday...I'm worn out!

    Enjoy the rest of your week, Shug!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Running Behind

  Running Behind..........  WHY.    ↓↓↓↓ You know......some weeks are just a bit more full than other weeks, and this has been one busy week...