Sunday, October 11, 2020

Investing my Time

 I recently made a very important decision that I would take myself OFF of Facebook for a while.  

I'm not even sure what "A While" is, but what I do know is that I was spending way too much time surfing through FB on my phone.  



This is like an addiction!!!

I really enjoy keeping up with all my friends, and honestly, Facebook is like reading the newspaper.   You can keep up with all of the happenings going on and many times it will be much like Gossip free for all.  I'm not a fan of knowing the Oooey Gooey details of everyone's life.  

I actually feel that Facebook can be good, even great at times, but I knew that I needed to take a break from it because, I realized the amount of time each day that I was spending, reading and sometimes re-reading post.   

I am very tempted at times to take a sneak peek at all the days post, but for now, I must exert my energy into more useful things.   

I think that if a person has to ask themselves if they are giving as much of their time doing things for the Lord.....reading His word, praying, doing for others.....then it is definitely time to adjust your day.  

It has been a couple of weeks now since I took myself off of FB, and I can tell you without a doubt...that I have accomplished great things.  

I have been doing more cooking, cleaning, reading, bookkeeping work, and spending time in my own thoughts!  I'm actually enjoying more time of decorating and loving the warmth and happiness of our home.   

I want to be available for whatever God has in store for me!!

Happy Sunday Friends....

Shug....💕


4 comments:

  1. Hi Shug!

    I deleted my FB account about a month ago, and I couldn't be happier! I did like keeping up with friends, but like you, I don't like to know every little thing they did in a day, plus, there was so much negativity and political junk that I got tired of blocking. It's so true that you can get so much more done in a day! I have not missed FB, and I doubt if I will ever go back. I do have an Instagram account that I sometimes look at but not very often.

    It's good to back to blogging!!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember life before the Internet? I remember when TV had 3 or 4 (if you had UHF) channels and it stopped broadcasting at 11pm. Long stretches of the day had nothing on that you'd want to watch, like the FYI farm report we got from the Canadian station across the nearby border. What did we do? I was a kid, so we played mostly and read and did not know everything that went on all the time. It was a blessing to live free like that. I try to do it now as much as I can. I like what you said. The information age is both good and bad. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your decision is working out well!! And maybe in time, you can manage a happy medium. It is so easy to let stuff like this take over our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If that is what you need to do then that is great.It is easy to waste time online.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...