Thursday, June 20, 2019

Strawberry Shortcake.......anyone?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

               Earlier in the week, I noticed that several lights on the dash of my car were on!   I called Sam and he told me to take it on over to the Toyota dealership, so I did.   When I got there, they told me that I would need to take it to the Lexus dealership in Dallas.   

Dallas is a hundred-plus miles away from our little town, so this meant that I would definitely need to get a loaner vehicle.    After getting my car into the service department, we were told that there had been a RECALL on the exact issue, and it would be covered 100 percent!   Thank goodness!!!

I was able to get a loaner car and drive back home the 100-plus miles.   

The service department called yesterday to say that my car was fixed!   So....this morning, Sam, Tucker, Trista and myself set out to Dallas again, to pick up my FIXED car.

After we get there and they bring my car around for us to get, I noticed that all of the lights were still ON and it appeared that the issue was not fixed!    After about an hour and half of waiting, my car was finally ready.   

There was one other component that needed to be fixed in order for them to reset the computer system.   

Since it was a little past lunch time, the four of us decided that we would get something to eat at the "Cheesecake Factory!"      I love the cheesecake factory!!  Sam and I split the Orange Chicken and Trista and Tucker had ordered burgers.  


                                                 Me and Tucker



Then.....Then......Then.....the waiter brought us a dessert menu!  After all, we are at the cheesecake factory!!

Trista and I ordered Strawberry Shortcake.  Sam and Tucker ordered cheesecake.   OMGoodness....when they brought the Strawberry Cheesecake out, I couldn't believe how big the dish was.  All four of us could have eaten from one dish.    I have ordered this before in the past and it wasn't near this big!  Needless to say, there was NO WAY  we could eat it all.   

This dessert was served with sugared biscuits, but I prefer pastry when eating SSC.   

I'm interested to know how other people like to serve their strawberry shortcake?   

1)  With Angel food Cake
2) With Pastry
3) With Pound Cake
4) With Biscuits
5) ?????

Let me know your choice...

Hugs, Shug ~

3 comments:

  1. Phil likes his with pound cake. Now I am hungry for Cheesecake Factory!!Unbelievable that they told you the car was done, you got there, and the lights were still on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I like mine with biscuits, but it has been a long time since I ate that! When I eat at The Cheesecake Factory I always indulge in the lemon cheesecake. My favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your car was fixed! Car problems are a pain!

    THAT picture of your dessert...OH MY GOODNESS!

    We like ours with pound cake, angel food cake
    and those little cups that you get at the store,
    there are about six in a pac.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...