Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Goodness, goodness.....it is WARM today!  Like really warm!

It's that time of the year when I always have to ask myself why I wanted to plant so many flowers and outdoor plants.  I love having the gorgeous blooms in my yard, but watering can really get boring after a while. 


This is another one of those things that you need to think about, before making the choice to invest in flowers and plants. 


Texas summers can be very cruel sometimes, and if you are not going to be dedicated enough to take care of the beauties in your flower beds, then you just don't need to plant them at all.  

So.....       We have a round circle drive in the front of our home.   Most of the time, everyone uses the side drive to park their cars.....except for oldest daughter, Trista!  She usually parks in the shade of the circle drive.  

Last year, I had two very nice, big clay pots, sitting at the end of the walk-way that comes up to our front door.   Mind you, they were not on the circle drive.........but somehow, Trista runs over one of my pots, breaking it all to pieces.   

I moved the other pot, but this year, I placed a nice plastic pot out in the same place.    It was filled with Asparagus Fern and some Red Canna plants.   

Just a few minutes ago, I had a phone call from none other than daughter #1...aka....Trista, and she said: 
"Mom, I'm going to have to buy you a new flower pot."  
 MY reply:   Did you run over it again???   
 To which her answer was....YES!!

Yep....she ran over it again.   I'm trying to decide if I need to bar her from parking on the circle drive, or just not have a pot of flowers in that area...    LOL.   


It's good to be able to laugh over little things like this....

Life is Good!!

Shug





2 comments:

  1. I think circle driveways are so pretty and elegant. There are not many around here, only one that we pass on a regular basis. I always look at it. Maybe you had better move that one flowerpot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that you can laugh about things like this. After all these are only plants and they can be replaced, the relationship between a mother and daughter might not be that easy to repair. I know of families where something like this would have ended in a huge argument.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Grand Mother's Flower Garden

  I am a fan of anything OLD, especially when I know that something came from a sweet relative.   How much sweeter can it get when you are a...