Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Do you ever wake up feeling like your mind is overwhelmed with  mental clutter?  I do.....and it's no one's fault but my own!



How can this be, when I am a stay-at-home wife, mother, grandmother, aunt, sister and friend....  After all, stay at home women have an EASY LIFE!  lol. 😂😂😂

Stay-at-home used to mean that the lady of the home....filled her day with cleaning, dusting, sweeping, making cookies and preparing meals.   And if I were a Stay-at-home mom back in the 50's, I would do the exact same things.....and I would even wear Pearls.

I guessing that the 50's stay-at-home moms may have had a little extra time, to read a good book and of course, do something relaxing like ironing!

Perhaps their minds were cluttered from time to time with more practical things like preparing a meal for a church gathering or needing to sew a new outfit for a special occasion. 

For me.....it's all about my love for life!  I love doing so many things, and for that reason, I get so wound up, moving from one thing to another.   

Just today, I found myself ....folding clothes, then suddenly thinking about a project that I have going on.  Before I knew it, I had not only moved to another part of the house, but I was re-doing a small thing on the project.   I hear my phone ding and then guess what.....
I checked my phone and the next thing I knew, I was working on my computer.   

The clothes did get folded and put away......My project is still in the process of being finished and my work on the computer is now complete.  

Oh, my mind is OPEN big time......I may need to not put so much wind beneath me and let that parachute rest a little while.   

I enjoy seeing little picture quotes like the one I posted above.  Often times, they teach me something about myself.  

I feel good about my busy mind, cause I know that when it comes right down to what counts, (cluttered mind or not) I can certainly choose  positive thoughts over any kind of negative issues and then, move right on in to more projects that keep my mind turning 90 miles an hour.... 



shug.....

5 comments:

  1. Oh, you sound so much like me. I can move from one thing to the next and before I know it, I have so much going that I get frazzled.Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shug!

    What a great post! I'm a stay at home mom too, and I'm always busy...well mostly. I think it's just so easy to get so much on our plates that we can't even find the plate! It is all about choice, accountability and lots of faith!!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound kind of like me, so may thoughts of things to do and projects! Besides the pearls, don't forget the vacuuming in heels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the happy art work about the open mind, which reminds me of the other saying "her mind was so open, everything fell out". That idea makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this part of being female. We go, go, go
    and think, think, think then before we know it
    boom our brains are full.
    When I am home, I am all over the place even if
    I have a plan. Because if I think about doing
    something, I better do it when I am thinking
    about it or I will not do it.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Fun with Old Photos

  Fun with Old Photos.... What do you do on yet another RAINY day?  You look at Old photos! We have had rain all day and with it being Satur...