Sunday, January 27, 2019

Happy Sunday morning, Friends.   The sun is shining and through my beveled glass door, the view is absolutely gorgeous.

It is a great day to give Glory, Honor and Praise to our Lord, Jesus Christ.   

                                                    ~~~~~

Hoping that you will join me in prayer this day.   Many of you may have read about, or perhaps seen on the news about the school bus in Athens Texas being hit by a train this past Friday afternoon.  

One child was killed and another 9 year old girl is in critical but stable condition at Children's Hospital.  The bus driver was treated and then released.   

Athens is the County Seat for Henderson County, which is the County that we live in and that our school district is in.   We are all saddened for our neighbors in Athens, and for their school district.   Please pray for the family of the child who died....Pray for this little girl who is fighting for her life....Pray for the bus driver and pray for the city of Athens.  
                                                 ~~~~~


I spent a big portion of my day yesterday, baking cookies.....decorating jars for the wedding, and going to a Little Dribblers game.  



Just 2 weeks until the wedding and I still have much to do......No worries....I'll get it done!   More jars to do (Many different kinds)  Candle holders to wrap in jute....and last minute details for the flowers.    


Texas Sheet cake cookies.   I made these for a party that we are having this afternoon for the Bride-to-be!   


I'm not a big chocolate lover.....but I did take a bite of one of these cookies and it was GREAT.
I also baked about 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies and hopefully, they will be tasty as well.   

~~~~~~


I love this picture that Trey snapped of the pigs.  I haven't seen the pigs in a few weeks, but it looks like they are really growing.   The Stock show will be here before we turn around.   

Hope everyone enjoys this Beautiful Sunday....

Hugs, 
Shug
                                                  

5 comments:

  1. Your cookies look heavenly, and my mouth is actually watering now. I saw this accident on the news last night. They said there were no arms or markers for the tracks. So very sad. Please post the jars with their different decorations when you are done, I would like to copy and make some for my kitchen! I can craft by copying, but have no imagination or creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sad when a school bus is involved in an accident. I can’t imagine being the driver of that bus. My heart goes out to all involved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shug~

    I was so sad when I heard of the bus accident in Texas...so sad. Those fine families and children will be in my prayers.

    Please show us more of what you are making for the wedding! The jar is adorable, I really want to see the jute covered candle holders! Your cookies look amazing, I'll bet they are wonderful, I love Texas Sheet Cake!

    We had heavy fog all morning, so everything looked like it was frosted with diamonds this afternoon, it was gorgeous! But, I think I would really love some of that, Texas sunshine!!

    It was a great day to worship!!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm praying for the people involved in that bus/train accident. SO SAD.

    We are dieting BIGTIME now ---so I couldn't even look at those gooey, fattening cookies you made. DANG it.... ha

    Can't wait to see pictures from that wedding.... I know you are excited.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers to the people involved in the bus accident. I'm not crazy about chocolate either but your cookies look great and would have to be a big hit. I've made Texas Sheet cake many times and know how good that is. Take care

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Grand Mother's Flower Garden

  I am a fan of anything OLD, especially when I know that something came from a sweet relative.   How much sweeter can it get when you are a...