Thursday, November 8, 2018

This is one of those days, when I just want to grab a cup of hot chocolate (piled high with marshmallow fluff and a little drizzle of chocolate) and get in my big comfy chair, with my super soft blanket and do nothing.....  

Or.....I could easily tune in to the Hallmark Channel to watch Christmas movies all day long!



The temperature is 56 degrees and it's raining outside!


It's the perfect kind of day for me to serve 
Broccoli Cheddar soup tonight for our evening meal.....

~~

Sam and I purchased a new Christmas Tree last night.   I prefer a real tree, but in Texas, it's just not the reasonable thing to have.  
My new tree does have fake snow, and a few red berries that adds color.    

It was not my intentions to put the tree up today, but Sam brought it in from the car this morning and I figured I might as well look at the tree, as to look at the box!!!

I must say, I really do like these new click in trees.  No having to find the cords or plugging 2 or 3 different cords together.   You just simple put the three pieces in and the lights automatically connect.  

I did set the tree up, but have not decorated it yet.   A rainy day like this is not the best kind of day to go digging Christmas decorations out of the garage.   

I still have pumpkins up everywhere and I have the beautiful Fall colors spread throughout the house.   After all......WE STILL ARE GOING TO HAVE...THANKSGIVING!!!!

I've always been an early bird for putting up my tree, but this year is earlier than the norm.    ........Tyler (our Airman) will NOT be home for Christmas this year, but he will be here in just a few weeks for about 5 or 6 days.   I know he will appreciate getting to see a little Christmas around this place.       And....besides, I will have more time to visit with him instead of having to decorate for Christmas.

~~~

My heart leaps with JOY.....I hope your's does too!

Shug.....


5 comments:

  1. Well, then I hope you drank hot chocolate in your chair with the blanket, AND watched a Hallmark movie! It makes sense that once you got the tree inside, why move it to storage for such a short time? I hope you post it for us. I still have all my fall things out, and will until Thanksgiving. Tyler will LOVE coming home to a house all decorated for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Ginny,I am anxious to see that new tree. I have three small trees, ones that I can handle on my own. Yes, they are up and decorated already. The weather is cooperating as well. There are times today that it looks like we live in a snow globe and somebody has really given it a good shake.I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow---the new Christmas Tree sounds AWESOME..... Back in about 2004---we bought a pre-lit tree and like you said, back then you had to put three sections together and plug everything in .... I'd love a new one like yours....

    You won't believe this --but we are still using that same tree from 2004. All of the pre-lit lights are now burned out ---so we just put the tree together and do it the old-fashioned way and add tons of lights to the tree... We just keep hanging onto that tree since we love the size and shape...... Oh Well--creatures of habit!!!!!! ha

    I will get through Thanksgiving here before decorating for Christmas.... I'm having my entire family here for Thanksgiving this year --but I am NOT cooking. We'll all go out to dinner at a nearby restaurant... I just can't cook for that many anymore....

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shug!

    You must be freezing...keep drinking hot chocolate :0)

    I really need a new Christmas tree, I have been putting it off. One light went out on my old one, and so all the lights went out...what a mess! Maybe this year!

    I love Fall decorations and I always feel sad when I take them down. Christmas is wonderful...but I ADORE Fall!

    Have a wonderful week-end!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish it was 56 degrees here, it's more like in the 20's and 30's and windy. Broccoli cheddar soup sounds great for a chilly night. I've put the tree up early some years, but when there's a house full for Thanksgiving, I feel funny having it and Thanksgiving decor also so am back to the weekend after Thanksgiving for the tree and all. And I so agree with the click in trees and I like the skinny trees too, but Bill does all that, thank goodness. Happy Thanksgiving the Texan way!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...