Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Well friends.....it's another rainy day here in East Texas!  ☔☔☔

I thankfully escaped the 10 inches of rain that we got last week.  It still rained here at the home place, but I just wasn't there to see my yard fully soaked in water.   

It was Sunday a week ago, that Sam and I....along with 5 wonderful friends, set out for a trip to Branson, Mo.   I woke up this morning thinking "wow...just last Wednesday, I was walking up and down the steep hills of Silver Dollar City."





being a kid again is really a lot of fun, and this is exactly what we did.   

We even stopped and took a "Hillbilly" picture.   Before I show you this picture.....you have to promise not to share it!!  lol.     My grandkids almost fell out when they saw I was holding a whiskey bottle.  We all were a little shy about all the props, but then we decided that it's just a fun picture and if you're gonna pretend to be a hillbilly, then you have to be spot on, even it calls for picking your nose, holding dynamite, shooting guns, or holding a whiskey bottle.  


Like I said....our trip began on Sunday, October 14th.   It's about an 8 hour drive from East Texas to Branson Mo.   It took us, let's see, about 13 hours to get there.   Restroom breaks, snack breaks, antiquing and sight seeing kinda kept us behind on our travels.


Just one of the stops we made.....

On Monday.....we went to Dogwood Canyon, and I must say, if you have never been there before.......you need to add it to your bucket list.   This place was awesome.   We braved the Cool temps and road the tram car anyways.   Not before making a stop at Walmart to buy gloves and jackets...




It was a COLD day......






 This place was absolutely beautiful and fun.   The treehouse, the waterfalls, the food, the views all around us.   I loved it!!





Do I have your attention yet, with all of these great tasting desserts?

We saw the "Presley's" later that evening......

Next day.....we visited the downtown area of Branson and even made a stop at the Salvation Army Store....


A 3:30 show at the Sight and Sound Theater, to see 
"Samson" was such a wonderful event.   The show was Amazing...




Spending time with friends and seeing so many beautiful things, was the highlight of my trip......

Shug....




4 comments:

  1. This looks like such a fun trip with friends. LOVE the Hillbilly picture! lol What a great memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sights. Looks like fun was had by all and that is what time with friends is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Hillbilly picture is hilarious! I am so glad that you decided to do it! I adore the old bridge, waterfalls, and buffalo. You were so close to him!! What an awesome trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Canyon sounds awesome.. We've never been to Bransom... Maybe one of these days, we'll get there. I'm not a 'shopper' --but would love the canyon area.....

    Your Sam looks great.. Love the beard... AND--he looks like he has lost weight..... Tell him that I said that he looks GREAT....

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

My two Favorites

  Showing you all my two favorite pots for this year! I have these two pots sitting around my pool and I love everything about them.   Have ...