Sunday, September 2, 2018

Fall, Cooler Weather, and Pumpkins

Excitement is the air around here....   I was finally able to turn my calendar to the 9th month of the year.   Just knowing that we are now in September seems to really refresh my soul.  

I already have 21 days on my September calendar that are completely booked with events, appointments, traveling and some surprises......   It's going to be a busy month!!

This is also Fair month in East Texas.   I've always loved going to the fair.    Just the kid (Kidd) in me.   I say Kidd because my maiden name is Kidd.   

We were visiting with our kids just today about the Fair about how, when we were younger......the weather was always cooler in September from what it is now.   The Fair has always been in Sept......and when Sam and I were dating, we would spend a couple of evenings out at the Fair grounds.   

We always wore our letter jackets.....not because we wanted to show them off.....but because it was cold outside.   

Now days, we can wear shorts to the fair and still be hot.  

Seasons are changing.    

~~~~

I am ready for that cooler weather to be here NOW.   I know that Fall doesn't actually begin until September 22nd, but I'm already gearing up for it in our home.    I do have a few pumpkins sitting around.   

I'll post pictures when I get all my stuff out.....of course, with 21 days of my September already filled, it may be the first of October before I get it all finished.   

 ~~~~~~

We were Blessed this morning with some great music at church.  You just can't beat the old hymns when it comes to worship and praise.....My heart is full.

Hope you all have a Blessed evening...

hugs..
Shug







2 comments:

  1. I too am looking forward to cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that September 1st is actually is the first meteorological day of fall? But of course the calendars disagree. I can't wait to see your fall decorations! I will be posting mine, they are all out now! We love going to the yearly fairs around here! Sadly, there was tons of rain for six of the seven days of the biggest one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...