Thursday, August 16, 2018

So Much to be thankful for today.....Thankful for this opportunity to spend time with my husband....Thankful for wonderful friends and a fabulous family.  Thankful for my grandson's healing from Leukemia (August 16th, 2006... he was diagnosed with Leukemia)... He is now a 6'1" strong, good looking young man.  He's getting ready to start his 3rd semester of college!!!  Thank you Lord for these Blessings.


It is a beautiful day here in the big city of San Antonio....  I had the opportunity to accompany Sam on this trip, to the big Nursery Convention located right here in SA.

I always enjoy coming with him to this show.  Any kind of plant or tree that you can imagine is on display at the show.  

Big issue for me this year is that I actually can not go down to the convention center.    My Doctor gave me permission to ride with Sam down here.....but only to ride, sit and maybe hang out by the pool.   So...I'm being good and doing what the Dr. has told me to do.

Lots of rest, lots of TV watching, some reading and lots of computer work.   Hey.....this isn't so bad!!   

I love the river walk.....It winds around the city with lots of trees and greenery every where.  Oh....and some awesome places to eat as well.   Thank goodness, many of the restaurants are only a block away.   

In case you're wondering.....This has been a summer of repairs for me.    I had surgery on my eyes back in June, and just a couple of weeks ago I had some very detailed "Female" surgery.   I've been knowing for a couple of years that I needed this procedure done, but have been putting it off because of time and expense.   However, after having several bouts of serious pain, and already meeting my HUGE insurance deductible, my doctor and I decided that it was time!!!!

It's one of those surgeries where I get to be completely "Waited" on for about 8 more weeks!!  Hey, I'm good with that.   No bending over, no picking anything up.......just REST.

                                                   ~~~~~~~

Right now, I'm sitting here blogging and watching Chip and Joanna Gains..."Fixer Upper."   I really like this show and I ♥ Love Joanna's style of decorating.   If I could, I would totally shiplap our entire house!!! 


                                                                           Source


                                                                           Source


Source


These looks are totally ME!!!!!!   In love with the shiplap and I also love the WHITE!!

Hmmmmm......I just might have to do some decorating and Repairs at home!!

Have a Great and Fabulous day my dear friends...

Shug



4 comments:

  1. I am happy to hear that you are obeying doctors orders. It likely is important so that you can have complete healing.I know from when I had my last surgery,it is hard to let others do everything,but sometimes that is exactly what is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a great attitude about being patient and healing. I am sorry you needed this surgery, but once you are healed I know you will feel better. i like the white. Plus it is a blank slate to decorate for the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Friend, I keep meaning to say that I love love love your shorter hair (and frosted) in the picture on the right where you are in black--sitting in the car....Shorter hair always makes one look younger I think.... (Just my opinion)....

    Sorry about your surgeries --but it's good to get some things done/repaired --especially when your insurance will pay a lot of it..... Smart Girl!!!!

    Glad you are obeying your doctor also--because you will get well quicker (when you do rest and take it easy)...

    Prayers for continued healing.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get well soon! Take it easy. And that's wonderful news about your grandson's healing!!

    I like the white room too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Grand Mother's Flower Garden

  I am a fan of anything OLD, especially when I know that something came from a sweet relative.   How much sweeter can it get when you are a...