Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Last night...I was looking back at some of my MANY journals that I have kept from years ago.  This is a great thing to do, because I can see so many situations where God's favor was showered upon a need.   I can also see many answered prayers.


This particular journal is one that I wrote in, way back in 2005.  Gosh, that was a long time ago!


Don't judge my writing skills.  Truthfully....I think my writing pretty well can dictate my feelings on any given day.  Some days, everything is perfectly neat...other days, well...lets just say it reflects how I'm feeling.   LOL.  

June 15th...2005

Help me to show goodness today in my life.  Thank you for another Birthday for my mother.  I have been so blessed with a loving, kind mother.  Thank you for the years of her life.  Keep her strong and healthy...Bless her in her life.   She has inspired me so very much throughout my life.    Happy birthday to the sweetest mother on earth.  I pray that happiness fills your life as you begin another year.  

Little did I know that she would pass away just a few months later.  However....I have my journal that is filled with so many more special times, to remind me that I was so Blessed to have this beautiful lady as my mother.

October 2005

Great are you Lord.  I lift your name in Praise!  I magnify your name.  Great is your faithfulness....Thank you for a beautiful morning...I am so thankful for this time of peace, a time that I can sit quietly with you and just take in all of your glory.  Thank you Lord for the Blessings that you have poured out in our church....May we continue to grow together in love and fellowship.  Thank you for the doors that have been opened in the lives of my children.  Now...give them wisdom to use these gifts wisely.  

Such a fabulous way to start a day.....Praising God and thanking him for HIS tender mercies and HIS grace.  Giving Glory to God.   I actually recall this day.   I think I almost rocked the wood off of my big rocking chair on the back porch that morning.   It was a Perfect morning!!

I shared these two little journals from back in 2005 to show just how important it is to reflect back on our lives and to be able to empower and encourage others, by sharing the goodness of God.   

I hope you all have a super special day.....declare that you will and I promise, your day will be wonderful.  

Hugs 
Shug ~


3 comments:

  1. God is so good. Sometimes we can see this better in hindsight, which is unfortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! It is kind of like a memory prayer journal. Your handwriting is so much neater than mine! Mine looks like a crazy person. Your rusted roof makes a very artistic header!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shug!

    I love that you keep a journal! I'm really bad at writing things in a book, so I just type mine on my blog. But, I really think that writing is way more personal. Your journal entries were so beautiful, I could just feel how happy and blessed you were when you were writing them! I do have a few journals that I have started through the years, and it is good to look back on t hem and see how my life has progressed...maybe I will get them out and try again!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Grand Mother's Flower Garden

  I am a fan of anything OLD, especially when I know that something came from a sweet relative.   How much sweeter can it get when you are a...