Wednesday, November 16, 2016

A detour in the road...

I just heard the news and we are set to reach a record high today in our temperature.  87 degrees in the middle of November!!!  YIKES!!  




If only we could have a true Winter!  I would really love to have a Cold Winter this year!!
  
                ********

I don't know about you, but I'm not really good at dealing with Detours in life!  However....Detours happen to ALL of us throughout life.  

Detours of any kind bring ME a lot of anxiety and stress.   The questions that pop in my mind are mostly filled with big questions. 

1.  Where is this detour going to take me?       2.  Is this detour going to be safe or kind       to me?  
3.  Is this detour going to be bumpy and rough?   
4.  Am I going to like this detour?
5.  What is going on?  

Oh yes....the unexpected Life detours!
Detours happen:  right in the middle of our great plans for the future, a detour will take us in a different direction. Sometimes, this happens due to choices that we have made...other times, it is God leading us in a very different direction.

Just as we are not sure about where the detour in the road will take us, the same holds true for the detours of life.  If we don't allow ourselves to travel a different  road from the one that has been blocked....then we will never know what other options await us.

Take the detour....it might lead right back to original goals that we have set for ourselves...OR...it could lead us to a road that is filled with nothing but beauty and unexpected blessings!!   

hugs to all...
Shug


5 comments:

  1. Ha! It would be great to swap houses with you for the winter! Then you'd get cold weather for sure here in the Chicago area.
    It's supposed to be 68° here Friday, then 35° for Saturday's high with snow flurries. Oh nooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am like you. I don't like detours, and I do try to be flexible. I know that everything is in God's hands, but I still like things to be unchanging and smooth! Wow! The weather is just crazy this year! It is 70 here today, and we have still not had a really cold day; only at night it is like fall. I bet you are still wearing your flip flops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my gosh you are getting some warm weather!! It hardly reaches that high here in summer!!
    I've had a lot of detours in my life and I can't say I know how to best handle them but I have found that its best not to fight them,, sometimes its best to just ride along in the current,, just for a bit anyway,, fighting it usually makes it worse lol,,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Detours in life are usually not that enjoyable.They are, however a great growing process. If it helps any, even this much further north from you, we still don't have snow and only need a light jacket to go outside.I'm waiting for snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, too hot for me in November.

    We are cooling down this weekend too.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...