Thursday, July 10, 2014

Question of the Day!!

Dear Friends.....

The question for today is:  "What gives it away?"

From white to yellow.....from golden brown to grey.....from soft and smooth, to rough and wrinkled!!   

What is it that truly gives away the fact that one is aging?

None of the above!!

What gives away our age is how we act and think....how we perceive life and what choices we make.  Do we complain a lot or do we still find pleasure in painting the canvass of our life.

The consequences of having a negative flow of thoughts....(as we age)...can be very damaging.   I have read that when people age they begin to feel less worthy and they begin to feel a cloud of insecurity holding them down.

We all want to look and feel our best....don't we?  It's important to feel beautiful!  I suppose I must clarify that beauty is not all about how we look on the outside.   Numbers may say that we are aging, but these numbers do not dictate how we feel and act.

Is your heart young?  Does your mind allow you to live a life of optimism?  

Some hearts never grow old!!






   




6 comments:

  1. Great post, I agree, I feel really young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think attitude gives it away.
    Unfortunately-- if you're sick and not functioning up to par, physically, it can drain you mentally. It gets hard to have the cheerful personality.
    A lot of it in my opinion as far as attitude has to do with Whom You PRAISE!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so very right, Shug!! I have a couple friends in their 80's, but they are SO young! Then I know ones who are not that old, but they act like it! I am still enjoying your family in that awesome header! I look at each person every time I visit. It is truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with both above but I also feel that the older generation does not get the
    respect they used to as a younger
    version.
    I have seen it with my Mom and my in-laws. I don't want to get a soap box here but the two groups that don't work wel with the older
    folk and the government and the medical fied. Nuff said.

    Live life to the fullest and smile
    everyday.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel young when I'm out exploring with my camera! But after being stuck indoors all week due to heat/humidity/storms, I am not feeling so youthful or happy. But I do know sunny days are ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good post! I agree with all of the above. But mainly, health and vigor and a sense of humor is what it takes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...