Monday, August 12, 2013

Celebrating Again!!

I'm telling you.....August is our month for Celebrations!    Three of us have birthdays in the month of August.....6th, 12th, and the 24th and then, we have two Anniversary celebrations.

Trista and Ty will be celebrating 17 years of marital bliss, this coming Wednesday....August 14th.   My precious in-laws will celebrate 65 years of marriage on August 27th.  

............  Today is Tucker's Birthday and we feel super Blessed to be celebrating his 15th Birthday!   


Eight years ago this coming August 16th.......we were not certain as to what the future held for Tucker.    He was diagnosed with Leukemia on August 16th, 2006....
How ironic....on August 16th 2005, (just one year earlier, to the date) my mother passed away. 

He endured three very difficult years of treatment and there were many times when his doctors had said that his growth might possibly be stunted due to the radiation and chemo treatments.

Let me tell you.......He is growing like an out of control weed.  As a freshman, he is about 5'8" ....tall and he is still growing.  

I have a wall where I measure and mark the kids height, about ever 6 months.  Within the last four months, he has grown 4 1/2 inches in height.  

I just want to give God praise for Tucker's healing.......I just want to praise God for this very special day.

Happy Birthday Tucker....


Love you so very much!

Shug

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Tucker! May God Bless you with many more wonderful birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. August is a month of celebrations----also for me!!!!!

    Happy Birthday to Tucker. I'm so glad that he is doing so well... God is GOOD.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your header is again gorgeous!!!! Did you make this one? I am so glad he is doing alright! Many of our friends and relatives have leukemia, but it is the most common kind and they have grown into old age with it. It is the chronic lymphacetic. Tucker must have a different type.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Tucker, and praise the Lord for his healing! He is one handsome grandson to be proud of Shug! Here's wishing you all the best...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God for sure!! Happy Birthday to Tucker! Look out, if he's 5’8" already!! Smile...

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  6. God obviously has a special work for him to do.Happy Birthday Tucker.You deserve all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. God is so good. Such a very, very special month of celebrations for you and your family, Shug. Especially for Tucker's continued health! Happy birthday to all and happy anniversary to two!! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to Tucker! He is so blessed to be in such good health now and I wish him continued good health and much happiness!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...