Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Eve/Day 2012

Christmas Day 2012........another Blessed Day.

The reason for the season...... Jesus Christ is born, and HE reigns forever and ever!!!!

A wonderful time has been had by all......   We have delighted ourselves in some super delicious foods......and it all started with a baked potato bar, this past evening....

It was baked potatoes and All the trimmings, including barbecue topping.  Sweet potatoes with cinnamon and sugar......AND of course..... Lots of snacking dishes!!!!   And PUNCH!

Today..... It was old fashioned Christmas dinner.  Dressing, ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, Mac and cheese, green beans, salads, cranberry sauce, hot rolls and tea.

Now here is the good part...... Pecan pie, pumpkin pie, ooh la la, chocolate delight, complete brownie bar, and pecan bites!!!!

The tables were set to feed sixteen of my favorite people......before we ate,
Tyler read the Christmas story from the bible and then we all joined in prayer.  What a wonderful blessing it is to pray together as a family.

After our meal....we had a couple hours of fun time... Games and one of our favorites..... Christmas Bingo.....(fun prizes)

It was then gift  time...  I witnessed lots of wrapping paper and tape being ripped into small pieces.  I love hearing the sound of the kids when they are finally able to see what is in each package.   Of course, Shug ALWAYS has a few tricks in store!

I'll be showing a lot of family photos this week, after I learn to download them to my new iPad.  My sweetie surprised me with an iPad, and I am loving it!!!

Can't wait to hear about your Christmas get-togethers.

Shug

3 comments:

  1. Shug - I hope you had the best Christmas ever! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you made it so very special, Shug!!! Can't wait to see the pictures, especially what your little surprises were! I love my iPad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great Shug, but how about some photos of that food!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...