........Hey, I can hardly move at this moment, but at least I am out there giving it my all.
I am extremely blessed to have daughters that care about me. They both care about my well being, and therefore....they have
made the decision (for me) that I would
join them at BOOT CAMP!
My Thoughts: Boot Camp? Must be a place to go and sport a brand new pair of those fancy looking cowgirl boots....Maybe sit around and sip on a glass of refreshing, ice cold tea....Chat a while, and then relax in one of those hammocks like I've been dreaming of. I was thinking: "I CAN DO THIS."
I attended the first class, this past Monday night! As a result, I can barely move right now... Let me just say, it's definitely not as I described in the paragraph above!!
I decided that if I was going to be forced to work off some of this fat, then I deserved to buy myself a new t-shirt to work out in.....Don't you love it?
let me tell your Gurls....and any men out there that might be reading this.....
I was sweating in places that I didn't even know could sweat. {...my toes, and the ends of my fingertips}
I found myself being on a roll for just a bit there. Oh Yes, touching my toes, doing jumping jacks, walking, drinking my water like the rest of the group was doing, and then....I heard the instructor said: "Hit the floor"
Good grief....what on earth was she talking about here?
Evidently she did not realize that for someone who has not exercised in a L-O-N-G while, it takes a LOT of effort and time to GET on the floor and it takes double the effort and time to GET up OFF the floor.
By the time I got down on my mat, I heard them say: and 3, 2, 1. This means that they had already finished counting the 17 other numbers that it takes to make a count of 20.
I did my BEST though..... We had to jump the wall and I actually jumped high enough that a credit card could slip between my shoes and the floor!!
and I am thankful that I am able to make it to the gym...I'm thankful that I have girls who believe in me.....I am thankful for each new day!
God Bless you all and Great Big Hugs
shug ~
.jpg)
.jpg)

6 comments:
Hi Shug!
Oh.my.goodness. you are a brave woman!! I also think you are a smart woman! You will have fun with your girls, getting healthy and making life fun!! Please keep us posted on your progress, and good luck!
Hugs,
Barb
Hahahaha..... I don't know if I have ever sweated on my fingertips. My palms maybe. Does that count?
Love your new shirt to sweat in. So cool your Daughters signed you up..
I had to laugh at your jump being high enough to slip a credit card in. LOL
So does this mean your shoulder is all healed? Seems like you just had surgery!
I went to a workout with a very young co-worker early one morning about 6 years ago. I was training for all the walking we'd be doing in Italy. Within 10 minutes I felt sick and was ready to upchuck. Not fun! I admire you. It'll get better, I'm sure.
Oh,my goodness, you really are brave. I'll just stick with my treadmill. I might die if I did bootcamp for sure! Do be careful!
LOL- Brave doesn't begin to describe it! I'm not sure I would have made it back up,after I hit the floor(let the whimpering begin)
Seriously though, way to go!! I'm sure you feel better for it!
Post a Comment