Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Birthday and a Busy Weekend....


Happy   4th    Birthday 



Miss  Mylee Jo

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Can you guess who will be spoiled today?  Yep.....you got it.
Mylee is four today! 

  It was a very busy weekend and a busy start to the week.  

 Our 21 day fast is now over.
What an amazing 21 days it was.  There has been such a sweet awareness for me as to just how much the Lord loves me.  I am so very Blessed.

Sam and I both plan to continue this journey of our new way of eating.  We figure that eating healthy can only bring about good benefits for us.  We both have felt very good while eating more veggies and fruits .....AND, less meats.
Not to say that we won't enjoy an occasional steak, or that this way of eating will put a halt to our social life of being able to enjoy meals with our friends.  

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sam, Mylee and I left this past Sunday afternoon, and headed to Louisiana for a "Work" trip.

Once we made it to Alexandria, Louisiana, we took a short 15 minute break to visit...none other than...."The Silver Dollar Pawn."



You know.....as seen on TV!  It's one of those new reality type shows, kinda like "Storage Wars or Swamp People."
I was so excited to be able to stop in and get a picture of Sam  with Jimmy (the owner) ....BUT, when we arrived, the first thing I noticed was a big sign that said:  "NO CAMERAS!"

I was a wee bit disappointed.

Check out their sign!  I was happy to see this.....   
                                  

This was my time to ever visit a Pawn Shop and I was very surprised to see all the inventory that they have.
There was some good stuff in there!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Early Monday morning, it was time to get on with WORK.


We had to load our trailer with Pecans.......P-cans, as some would say.      Here in TEXAS, the pronunciation is 
pah-cons.


These are used to grow the pecan trees....

Even though I carried my computer with me, I decided to
take a break and just enjoy the trip......

So....this is what I've been up to! 

Sweet, Sweet hugs...

shug

14 comments:

  1. Oh Shug what a fun/work trip! Those "pecans" look very cool! Guess I never thought about growing the trees etc.... smile... Happy Birthday to your sweet little My Lee Jo! How darling she is!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy lady! happy birthday to Mylee Jo! she is gorgeous!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, happy birthday Miss Mylee Jo! I'm sure lots of love was lavished on her.

    You were just a couple hours from me in Alexandria!

    I'm so glad you are going to continue the new way of eating. My mother was on a steady diet of potatoes and bread before I came to live with her because she said it kept her full. But she was miserable. I've been making her eat more fruits and vegetables and she is amazed at how much better she feels. Keep up the great work, Shug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You felt better on this fast then. That's good. Sounds like you learned some lessons there.

    Happy Birthday - Miss Mylee Jo!

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAppy Birthday to my baby!!!! My sweet Mylee Jo. I am so glad she gets to spend her special day with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to hear from you, Shug!!! These bags of pecans make wonderful and colorful pictures!! Happy Birthday to Miss Mylee, she is for sure stunning and full of joy in this photo!!! Will there be a party? If so, I'm waiting for pictures! Did you buy anything at the famous pawn shop? That makes me mad when people won't allow pictures! Around here, all the Farmer's Markets and antique places are very nice about it and don't mind. Maybe this one is because of the T.V. show...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to little Miss Mylee Jo! My hat's off to the two of your for embracing this healthy style of eating! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to Miss Mylee...she's a cutie!
    We say pah-con here in Missouri, too. I love pah-cons!
    Enjoy the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a precious Birthday Girl your sweet GrandLove Miss Mylee Jo is. I giggled at her smile...is there a little mischief in those eyes?
    So special to have Grandma time.

    You got to go to Pawn Stars shop? What a trip that must have been...

    Pah-cons by the bagful...WOW. So do you also have a gardeners greenhouse at your Nursery? You are some busy folks. Tell us more about the nursery.
    Thanks for the grand tour.
    BlessYourHeart

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to Mylee Jo, what a sweet face! Oh my those Pecans look amazing! We can't grow them here, so it is cool to see so many in bags like that(the bags I buy at the store are waayyy smaller :)
    Hope your day is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Happy, Happy birthday precious Mylee Jo! Sweet!!!

    God bless ya and have a fabulous time celebratin' this little ones life! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Sorry I haven't been around this week. We have been traveling and taking more photos... Hope you are having a great week.

    Great photos. Happy Birthday to Mylee. She is truly adorable.

    Sounds like you had a nice trip to Louisiana... I say "Pah-cons" also... BUT-I've heard some say "P-cans".

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are you going to grow that many pecan trees?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...