Thursday, December 1, 2011

Kettle Corn


Thought you might enjoy this picture....


Kettle Corn....


1/2 cup unpopped popcorn  



                     1/4 cup white sugar


                     1/4 cup vegetable oil


                    1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
                     (or use white salt) (optional)








Directions......

Heat Oil over medium heat in a deep large cast iron pot with a tight fitting lid.
 
2.  Add Popcorn and continue to heat until first kernel pops.
 
3. quickly stir in sugar until it is dissolved.
 
4.  Continue to stir corn, popcorn may burn, be careful.
 
5.  After the popcorn is popped, pour in a bowl and lightly salt.  









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum , I think I can smell that all the way here in Canada, yup, I smell it!! YUMMMO!

Ginny Hartzler said...

So you make this outside? They have it every year at our downtown Fall Foliage Festival, and the lines are not to be believed. Phil would go crazy for this!

Tanna said...

Oooh, Shug! We are loading up and heading to Canton today and there will be some Kettle Corn eating! ;) blessings ~ tanna

Chatty Crone said...

Now that is real KETTLE corn! sandie

4,527 photos...

  Why Do I Have 4,527 Pictures on My Phone? Four thousand, five hundred, and twenty seven. Am I documenting my life for the Smithsonian?  Ap...